Merry Christmas to all!

We had an eventful week filled with sickness, gifts, and fun.  I think this week we will update day by day.  Sunday was enjoyable as it was only one hour and Tim was there to help.  The day went fairly smoothly for a Sunday, which are always harder.  We decided to drive around and find lights and ended quickly because Lila got sick in the car. 

Lila seemed to be doing much better on Monday, but still wasn't really eating.  We had a relaxing day at home.  I tried taking Hyrum to a local kids museum, but they were closed for the holiday.  We ended up just walking around looking at stores and eating jellybeans.  That evening I started to not feel well and ended up spending most of the night awake sick in the bathroom.  I don't get sick very often, but that was probably the worst case of flu I have ever had.

Tim let me take a couple of naps on Tuesday, which helped with the exhaustion.  I was still feeling a little off, but we managed to pull off our Bethlehem feast.  We decided to do simple things that they might have had in Bethlehem like flat bread, cheese, and olives.  They kids went to bed and so did Tim and I!

Santa came and it was really fun to see Hyrum excited.  This is his first Christmas that he really understood what was happening.  He woke up and looked in his stocking.  We had a blueberry cinnamon roll breakfast dish.  He did well opening his presents and only his.  Lila enjoyed ripping the paper.  Both kids enjoyed playing with their gifts all day. 

Thursday was Tim's last day off.  We had some very warm weather and played with the kids outside.  Tim prepared for the ICU.  It will be a busy next three weeks, as he will have long hours every day.  He will have at least 11 days without a day off. 

Friday the kids and I ran errands and played at home.  Tim has the car on the weekend, so I try to make sure everything is taken care of, and we don't find ourselves in a pickle.  Well, we found ourselves in a pickle this weekend.  Saturday morning I realized that I forgot to by cheese for the pizza...who does that?!  After a little research we ended up walking to the grocery store, which was about a mile and a half away and then road the bus home.  The bus only runs once an hour on the weekends, so we had to plan things just right.  It was quite the adventure and we all had pizza that night.

Sunday went well.  Hyrum almost had a meltdown during the sacrament, but he calmed down.  I was really grateful, because I didn't want to haul a screaming kid out during the sacrament.  He did well the rest of the meeting.  It was Hyrum's last day in nursery.  He will be an official sunbeam next week.  I think he will do great.  Lila still has a couple of months until she can got to nursery.  I am more worried about her, especially since it is usually just me and I can't just leave my primary class.  Cross your fingers!

We don't have any big plans for New Years Eve other than hoping to be asleep well before midnight!

Comments