Sickness again!

Tim finished up in the ICU on Monday.  It was a late day for him, but he was glad to be done.  Really, we were all glad he is done.  Tuesday, started his clinic week.  At breakfast we heard a knock on the door.  I was really confused at who would be knocking on our door, but was nicely surprised when it was Tim.  He ended up getting most of Tuesday off, because there were too many residents assigned to his clinic.  

Tuesday was a great day!  Tim joined us at the library.  The kids enjoyed having him there and it was nice to have an extra pair of hands.  We came home for lunch, naps, and preschool.  We played a little outside before dinner.  Unfortunately, Lila started coughing in the night, so we figured she was getting sick.  

Wednesday, was music class.  The kids enjoyed learning about different instruments.  I debated whether or not to take the kids, because of Lila coughing.  It sounded like she was getting sick the one time we heard her cough, but she woke up fine (no fever or coughing).  Obviously, we all went and had fun.  We also did some grocery shopping in the afternoon.

Thursday, the kids were restricted, meaning none of us were going anywhere.  That night we heard Lila coughing again and Hyrum started as well.  I am not sure what it is.  They are fine during the day without fevers, coughing or runny noses, but around midnight they start coughing.  It's never a lot, but it sounds very congested.  By Friday, Lila was sounding congested/hoarse, so for sure she was sick and I am positive Hyrum has what she has, so I called my teaching partner and told her I would be able to teach on Sunday.  

Despite being sick the kids had fun.  Hyrum decided that he wanted spiky hair. It was shocking because he hates product in his hair and has hated it since he was a baby.  He stood in front of the mirror with a smile on his face as I spiked it.  He asked for me to fix his hair a couple of other times this week.  I don't really love his hair spiked, but I am hoping that with me giving in a little that he will get used to it and let me style his hair in a more conservative way.  Tim saw him and said that he looked like he was seven.


Lila continues to explore with sounds.  She is getting better with animal sounds and their names.  I am pretty much the only one that knows what she is saying, because she is not very clear.  It's hard not to compare her to Hyrum, because he was so articulate at this age.  I looked up videos and Hyrum was saying words like cinnamon roll and soccer ball.  I think she is coming along well and definitely has a mind of her own that involves completely ignoring me if she doesn't agree with what I am asking her to do.  We got the kids out to scooter and ride bikes.  Here is a picture of Lila sporting her new helmet.  We figured it was time, because she is always trying to ride or riding Hyrum's stuff.  I also was able to score a small balance bike for her that someone was getting rid off.  It is a little big for her yet, but it won't be too much longer and she will have her own set of wheels.

Tim had Sunday off, which was really nice.  I went to sacrament meeting at 9 a.m. and then went home to make the switch with Tim.  He was asked to teach in Elder's quorum, which went well.  I asked how sacrament meeting was and he responded, "It was so quiet.  We should do this more often."  It makes it sound like our kids are terrible, but they are actually really good and compared to some kids I have seen over the years, they are down right angelic.

To pass the time on Sunday, the kids did a lot of dress up and reading.  I had the foresight (miraculously) to get an extra stack of books for Sunday.  It kept Hyrum engaged and the kids not fighting.  We had a fun family home evening learning about Lehi's dream and sharing the fruit.  We also took a family walk.  Well, Tim and I did the walking while Lila and Hyrum cruised in luxury.  Hyrum likes to get pillows and blankets for the wagon and Lila just relaxes while being pushed.

As usual, I tagged along for the ride on all the above mentioned activities.  I ventured out and tried to make French crullers.  Everyone liked them and I thought they tasted good.  I've never had one before, so I have nothing to compare the end product.  For now the recipe stays! 

Until next week!

Comments