Healthy Again

It's been a long two weeks, but the sickness has finally run it's course.  It's been hard to be inside all the time, but we have managed.  

Tim has one more day on this rotation and then he will be in the clinic, which means we should be home for dinner and the weekends.  This rotation was just long.  He was ready for his day off on Friday.  There really isn't anything new going on with him...other than he managed to evade sickness...AGAIN!

Hyrum was ornery this week.  the combination of being sick and stuck inside was just hard.  I decided to take them to music class, which probably wasn't the best idea.  He had a really hard time listening and ended up getting in big trouble for running out into the parking lot during class.  On a more positive note, I have started teaching Hyrum words.  It is fun to see him start to make the connections.  It was also his turn to say the prayer in primary.  He did a great job.  I really wish I could have recorded it, because it was really funny.  He was a little nervous to begin with, but after a moment he jump up and start praying.  Well, more preaching than praying.  He taught us how Heavenly Father and Jesus will help us if we need it and all we have to do is ask like when he has trouble with his puzzle.  In the end I had to make eye contact and mouth amen.  I was still very proud and I am really excited for his first talk.  I think it will be awesome.  


Lila was fussy all week due to sickness.  She continues to learn.  This week she learned body parts and will point to legs, arms, fingers, toes, and facial parts.  Ears and hair are the most difficult because she can never quite seem to find her ear.  She can't say anything, but she knows what they are.  It is interesting how different she is from Hyrum.  I am crossing my fingers that she starts speaking more clearly soon.

I survived the week and that's about all that happened with me.  I am hopeful that we will be able to get out more this next week, as there should be a few nice days in between rainy days. 

Comments