Just kidding!

Another week down at the Zimmerman house.  Last week I wrote how we were all better...well I was wrong.  Lila and I ended up getting sick again.  I think it was a milder version of what we had two weeks ago.  Hyrum and Tim seem to have escaped.  I think they are healthy and then they turn out to be sick.  Any way...we managed to have some fun this week despite sickness.

Monday was Dr. Seuss's birthday, so I made the kids green eggs for breakfast.  Hyrum kept asking for green ham, but I didn't know how to make it green.  We also enjoyed reading some classic Dr. Seuss books.  Lila didn't sit for very long, but Hyrum has always enjoyed them.

We had more inside play this week, because of rain and cooler weather.  I took the kids to Kidzu to play...before I knew they were sick.  They also had fun dumping out toys and playing.  I think the picture on the right is funny, because Lila is just playing in her little box, while Hyrum has the whole family room.


Hyrum had a good week.  We are struggling with some anger.  He is having a really hard time expressing himself when he is frustrated and ends up doing things that get him a one way ticket to timeout.  I know part of the problem is being stuck inside, but man, some days I wish for my little angel back!  He continues to love preschool.  He enjoys learning words.  He had a math leap this week.  He seemed to just figure out the teens during preschool and then one night he asked Tim the  what comes after twenty, which led to him counting close to 100.  He isn't perfect by any means, but now he knows there are numbers and he wants to learn.

Dear Lila is a doll!  She has plenty of sass and determination, but she is super cute.  She also had a learning leap this week.  She loves to make noise, but you can't really understand it and trying to get her to say words is impossible.  Apparently, all it took was her favorite fruit...strawberries.  We were eating some for dinner and were trying to get her to say berry and she did.  It sounds more like bear-we.  I was so proud of her.  After that, she seemed to get trying to say words.  It's still really hard to understand her, but I am very pleased.  She ended up staying home from church this week.  It is very nice to be right across the street, because it makes switching off with Tim simple and both of us get to attend a sacrament meeting.

Tim is in clinic this week.  He is splitting his time between his regular internal medicine clinic and a sports medicine doctor.  He has really enjoyed his time in sports medicine.  He ended up having a half day on Friday.  We picked him up for lunch.  After Lila's nap we celebrated meeting a major financial goal with ice cream.  We keep hearing about Maple View Farm ice cream, a local store.  It was very good...and it doesn't leave you feeling sick, because it's so sweet.  Tim had three scoops and he was ready for more.  The shop is out in the country.  You get out of the car and smell the cow farm just down the road.  I don't think you can get much more fresh and local than that.  The kids enjoyed sitting the rockers outside.

After ice cream we went to a park to play.  It ended in tears, as Hyrum and another boy he was playing with had an accident.  Still plenty of fun.  We snapped this picture of Lila while sitting in traffic.  She really is a goof.  "Oh, hey guys.  Don't mind me just playing with my sock."  


One final funny story.  Let me preface this by saying that I am not overly concerned about coronavirus.  I make it a practice to have basics on hand.  I decided to prepare a little more because I am concerned about everyone else not following the warnings and freaking out and making runs on the store.  I made a Walmart trip on Saturday to get my normal things, so I won't have to go to the store for a few months.  I went to get some toilet paper, because we needed more and saw five bags of Scott.  My thinking, "Well, I guess it's a good thing I only buy the cheap stuff, because otherwise we would be out of luck!"

Comments