And another week in quarantine!

We have made it another week.  Things are much the same.  Tim goes to work, I go shopping once a week, and the kids stay home only getting out to play at the apartment playground or church.  We are happy to comply with the quarantine, but I think we are all wishing things would get back to normal.  

Tim's schedule it wonky.  He doesn't understand it and I understand it even less.  I was wrong about what his rotation was on this week.  He was not calling patients, but rather a backup doctor in case the number of patients increased to the point of needing help or a doctor got sick.  He was basically home on a second week of vacation, which was nice.  He received notice on his second day that he might have to go in, but nothing came of it.  Early in the morning on the fourth day he got a call to go in to take the place of a doctor who was sick.  He spent two days on the nephrology team.  He didn't have any previous experience with this team, so it was something new.  For the eight days he had off, he was able to do some studying every day.  It is always harder with the kids and I wish he could go to the library, but he managed to stay focused for several hours.  He also did a lot of sleeping.  Transitioning from day to night has been very difficult.  He either can't fall asleep until 1 or 2 in the morning or wakes up at 3 a.m. ready to go for the day.  

Hyrum's big focus has been his birthday!  He has been so excited to turn four.  I can't believe Tim and I are old enough for a four year old.  Pretty much every day this week he would wake up and ask if it was his birthday.  It has been an interesting walk down memory lane for me thinking about what I was doing each day or time four years ago.  He continues to love preschool and learning.  We have read lots of books about plants and gardening this week.  We have decided that we want to have vegetable, flower, and container gardens with a water garden for fun.  I look forward to the day when we can!  He continues inventing and creating things.  He is getting better at creating things like stars from pretzels and different designs with blocks and magna-tiles.  He is always full of questions and wanting to know how things are made.  We have also been working on his emotions and self-regulation.  A lot of it is developmental, but he can be VERY dramatic and loud, which in turn in frustrating for the parents.  We are working on identifying what he is feeling like frustrated, sad, angry and what he can do.  For instance, he had a meltdown  because Tim needed to study and Hyrum wanted to play.  We talked about how he was feeling frustrated and when I am frustrated when dad can't be with me I find things to do like read while I wait.  He didn't want to read, but found something to do while he waited.  It definitely doesn't work out like that every time, but I will take one win!

Lila is our Lila.  Still full of cuddles, hugs, and helpfulness.  She is getting kicked out of the kitchen more, because she has discovered there is more action if she moves her chair or stool closer to the sink.  I place her on the end of the counter to keep away from raw food, bowls for mixing, and knives.  I seriously turn my back for 2 seconds and she has relocated and is pick up knives or reaching for bowls.  I'm good if the kids stay where I put them, but when they start doing things like reaching for knives, I get stressed and the kids have to go.  Hyrum is pretty good in the kitchen.  He gets to do more stirring and helping, which is and is not good.  Hyrum is helpful, but Lila sees it and she wants to do it to.  She continues to explore and play.  She got to play with play dough for the first time this week and really had fun.  She also got plenty of outside time with all the nice weather. 

I continue to do my thing with the kids.  I have done some reorganizing in preparation of the summer.  We won't do preschool, but daily bucket activities to keep Hyrum going.  My teaching boxes are all over the place and they are now in a central location and the ones I will most likely need are easy to get to and open.  Another part of the reason for this is because I am pregnant and don't want to be lifting my teaching boxes (they are heavy) the further along I get.  As of today I am 12.5 weeks and due November 4th.  Morning sickness is getting better, but this one has been difficult.  I have found myself needing a nap during the day as exhaustion wipes me out and unfortunately needing to just sit still for long periods during the day because I feel so sick.  I think this pregnancy is more like Hyrum's.  I just remember Lila's being so much easier.  I was worried that I wouldn't be able to keep up with Hyrum and not feeling well, but it was fine.  We've it made through most of the hardest part.  I have my first OB appointment this coming week.  I had an ultrasound to confirm the heartbeat with an ultrasound tech but due to covid the appointments will be few and far between.  I'll have an appointment roughly at 12, 20, 28, 36, and then as needed until the baby comes.  We'll just keep moving along until then.  Hope everyone is doing well.

Comments