Birthday fun!

We finally celebrated Tim's birthday this week.  We did bits and pieces for the past week and a half, but Hyrum finally got his wish to celebrate!  We did it the day before his actual birthday, because he had it off.  Celebrating birthdays, holidays, and all special occasions for the past five years never seems to happen on the actual day, maybe in a few more years we will start getting a little closer.  Any way...the kids and I decorated his chair.  I didn't get a picture until after the kids had taken off the balloons.  They did a good job.

As usual, I kept his dinner and dessert a secret.  We went with a pizza theme...again.  He had mention several times over the past year that we haven't had braided pizza in a really long time, like since the first year of our marriage.  So, he got braided pizza for his dinner.  We also did a peanut buster parfait for dessert.  The kids helped me make the parfait and really enjoyed it. 

There were smiles all around for the dessert!

Tim celebrated his actual birthday with starting his first day as an upper level resident.  He started at the hospital that is the farthest away, so he had some pretty late days...like 11:30 pm late.  When he gets home so, late it's hard on our schedule, because I have terrible case of mom syndrome and wake up with any noise.  I was getting to bed late with Tim, and together we were feeling the exhaustion.  There is always a learning curve when you start a new year of rotations.  Tim feels like he is getting the hang of it and he really likes not having to do all the notes and presenting like he did his first year.  He has one more week of his current rotation and then he will be back at UNC doing Covid nights.  I don't exactly understand their schedule, but I think that his week of nights will be split with another resident, so it won't actually be as many nights. 

Hyrum had an eventful week.  He goes in spurts of "now that I am older."  This week he began experimenting with different styles.  This is what I call his business in the front and party in the back (not a mullet).  He has been doing a zebra mane.  I think it's creative and great, especially since he is actually combing his hair, which can be a battle.

He also did a lot of cooking with me.  He helped make Tim's birthday pizza and dessert, as well as scrambled eggs.  He asked if he could help stir one morning, so I gave him the job.  He did well with only a little slopping over the sides.  He has also been talking about taking showers and this week he has taken three.  I have been working with him on how to clean his whole body and how to tip his head back, so he doesn't get soap in his eyes.  He has always had an imaginative flair.  This week he commandeered  an empty egg carton and decided he was going to make a rocket.  He did it while I was cleaning bathrooms, so he didn't have any help from me, except to firmly attach the wings.  They weren't staying with the toothpicks he was using.  I was really surprised that he stuck with the cutting, because he usually gets frustrated.

We invested in some buckets this week.  We had an old orange one we bought for Hyrum when he was Lila's age, but it has seen better days and they fight over it.  They were both extremely pleased to have their own bucket and shovel to do as they pleased.  Lila spent a lot of time dumping dirt in her shoes, which resulted in many trips to mom for help.

Lila has been really picking up words.  I know I have said this many times, she isn't as clear as Hyrum, but I can usually get what she is saying.  My new favorite of her's is when she says, "You're welcome."  Except, she says it when you are supposed to say thank you.  I think it is super cute.  She also is starting to string two and three words together.  She often responds with an, "I do," when asked if she wants something.  I was really shocked when she said, "Help dad please."  She loves to do whatever Hyrum is doing.  I have been working with her on getting up to the top bunk.  She is getting better, but she is just a little to short for the rungs.  She always has a blast when she is on top.

Tim worked his fancy hair magic and did a super cute side pony.  I should really know by now that when I see the bathroom door closed and hear, "Go show Mom," that he has been up to no good.  He struggles with holding hair and working the hair tie at the same time, but he is getting better. Lila has also moved into Hyrum's summer Paw Patrol pajamas.  She loves them!  We have run out of our stockpile of sizes that fit her, so we are using Hyrum's.  Hyrum loves to see her in his clothes, because they bring back fond memories.

I am almost 22 weeks.  We should find out the gender on July 9th.  Apparently, they never sent the orders for the ultra sound clinic to call, so I am doing it a little later than what is typical.  I had another round of nausea this weekend.  This pregnancy has been weird.  I distinctly remember being fine after 16 weeks with both kids, but this one has me feeling gross still.  I usually happens over the weekend, and I am wondering if it doesn't have something to do with baby development and hormonal changes.  I'm no doctor, so I could be completely off.  I have been able to continue jogging and doing pilates.  Besides Tim's birthday cooking adventure, the kids and I made homemade poptarts.  Everyone enjoyed them, so I am going to call it a success.

That's pretty much all from us.  They have extended quarantine until the middle of July, so the kids and I continue to try to stay busy at home.  Until next week!

Comments