Construction bliss!

Construction continues at our complex.  It moved to our building and the kids were in heaven.  They spent several hours watching them through the bedroom window and sitting on the sidewalk watching their every move.  Hyrum was filled with questions and some I could answer and some I had no idea.  The guys working were great to say hi to the kids and let their work be scrutinized.  They will continue work next week, so we will have some more excitement.

Speaking of excitement, next week we have a few things that are opening up!  The library will start a curbside pickup.  You better believe it that I hopped on right after they announced it to reserve a bunch of books for the kids.  Our apartment pool should be opening as well.  It is really exciting, because Hyrum has been talking about swim lessons and learning how to swim.  I'm not sure where he got swim lessons from, but he really only gets "lessons" from me and that's not much.  I think I could save myself if I needed, but that's a big maybe.  It will still be fun.  In preparation, I got Lila her own floaties.  When she saw them, she got really excited.  It was really hard last year trying to help Hyrum and hold her and I figured it would be even more difficult with her more mobile this year.  The zoo will also be opening next week.  We were hoping to take the kids this summer, and with everything going on it didn't seem possible.  We are now waiting on Tim's schedule to make it happen!  

We had lots of bumps and scrapes these week.  I am not sure what it was, but both kids lost a lot of blood.  Luckily, no stitches were needed.  Early in the week, Hyrum took a good chunk of skin off his knee.  It was the type of scrape where blood was dripping in his shoe...sorry for the graphics.  A few days later he fell on the same knee and tore it open again.  We discovered on the first scrape that we had ONE band-aid left.  I hardly ever get band-aids, because we never use them.  Thankfully, by the second scrape we had remedied the problem.  Lila...I don't know what it is with that girl and her lip, but she fell again and cut her lip.  This time she was climbing.  I thought for sure she bit through her lip again, but it is just a deep cut on the in and outside of her lower lip.  She too, fell the day after and hit her mouth again and cut the inside of her mouth in another spot.  

By the end of the week and Lila's second fall, we needed a pick me up to help everyone be happy.  I made some chocolate frosting and put it on graham crackers for the kids.  It was a hit and they both look silly with their chocolate smiles.

Hyrum has been really excited for our super secret birthday mission for Tim.  We have to juggle the car, so Tim will be getting his gift a little early if we can't keep it a secret.  I won't say what it is, because Tim read's the blog.  Hyrum is pumped for the mission and for decorating Tim's chair and to just celebrate his birthday.  Life is always more exciting with kids.

Tim continues to work in the hospitals.  Covid cases are on the rise, but it doesn't seem to be as big of a deal in the sense that everyone knows what to expect and they are learning to deal with it.  They have found their new norm.  He is so close to being done with his first year of residency.  It's a great feeling!

It doesn't seem possible to be at 20 weeks, but we will hit 20 weeks next week.  I should have the full anatomy in the next couple of weeks to find out the gender.  Hyrum has been very curious about the baby and talking about having a party for the baby when it comes.  I'm happy to see that he is so excited this go around.  Hyrum and I played with modeling clay today and I snapped this little picture.  You will never guess who it is supposed to be, so I will just tell you it is Tim.  I get an 'A' for effort, but I should probably stick with my stick figures.

I'll end the night with a funny story.  Tim and I have a friendly competition to see who can get the most toothpaste out of the tube.  It can be quite difficult to get those last few drops out, but so worth it when you can put the tube back in the cupboard for the other person to work out a drop.  Our tube of toothpaste entered the final stage of competition this week.  Tim and I never brush our teeth at the same time, because of our schedules.  By the end of the week, I was really struggling.  There were multiple times when I thought for sure there was no possible way that he could have been able to brush his teeth.  Sure enough the next time I would go to brush, the tube was still there.  Well, this morning while brushing my teeth, I was concerned, but persisted until I had enough to clean my teeth.  I may or may not have dug in with the bristles to make sure there wasn't ANY left for Tim.  As we were sitting on the couch this evening, I turned to him and said, "I think I won!"  He looked at me confused and I reminded him about the toothpaste.  With a smirk on his face as he said, "You mean the toothpaste I haven't used in a week."  Curse him!  I was competing against myself all week and didn't even know it.

Any way...here's to a new tube of toothpaste!

Comments

Holly H said…
Does that mean Tim wasn’t using ANY toothy?
Parental Units said…
What a funny guy! Dad thought that was great.
Tim said…
Don't worry. My teeth were clean. There was a second tube open that I was using. We normally only have one tube open at a time, but we opened a new one early when we went on vacation to ensure we wouldn't run out of toothpaste during our trip.