Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's day to all!  We made biscuits and gravy for Tim on Saturday, because it was his day off.  He worked all day Sunday, so it just worked better.  I didn't tell Hyrum what we were having, because he has trouble keeping secrets, as any four year old would.  In the morning when I said what we were having he got so excited...probably more excited than Tim.  But, I should probably start off on Monday.  Monday was also Tim's day off.  Hyrum and I went on our super secret birthday mission to Maple View Farms.  It was a week and a half before his actual birthday, but we didn't know when we would have the car next and it was a must!  We went earlier in the year to get ice cream and Tim loved the ice cream.  He also looked fondly at the chocolate milk, so Hyrum and I went to get him his own pint of ice cream and some chocolate milk to share.  Hyrum was not happy that he didn't get any ice cream.  The concept of gifts being for the person only was not something he could accept.  Tim had figured out that he was getting ice cream, but the chocolate milk was a surprise.  It was delicious.  

The rest of the week we spent watching the continued construction on our building and playing outside when it wasn't raining and freezing.  We had a cold snap at the beginning of the week where our daily highs were in the high 50's.  It lasted for about three days before it started to feel like summer again.

I was able to find a push bike for Lila this week.  She didn't quite get the concept of pushing herself with her feet, so I ended up pushing her a lot when she wasn't carrying her bike.  She loves it and so does Hyrum.  She continues to learn new words.  Her new favorite word is mess.  She loves to point out messes while eating or when I am cooking.  I think she is getting clearer, but Tim still thinks she needs some work.  She is still full of energy and hugs.

Hyrum is doing well with his reading.  He has been in pattern books for a few weeks, but he will be moving into books where the words change.  It is fun to see him recognize words and get excited about books and reading.  He has also found a love for puzzles.  He completed at least one puzzle every day getting excited every time he finished.  He also continues to plan the Sunday "talk."  It has been difficult getting the kids to focus for home church the last few weeks, so we changed it up, so that instead of me giving the talk trying to interact with the kids, Hyrum is talking.  The two of us write his talk on Saturday as part of his scripture study.  He decides what is most important for Lila to learn and then teaches Lila on Sunday.  It also make for a pretty short church, which is okay because their attention doesn't last long.  Hyrum also created a maze out of popsicle sticks.  I thought it was pretty creative.

I hit the 20 week mile stone.  It's hard to believe we are on the downhill slide.  Hopefully, in the next couple of weeks we will know gender.  Tim now thinks it is a girl and Hyrum and Lila switch between boy and girl.  Hyrum seems to be okay with the baby being a girl.  Hopefully, if it is a girl there won't be too much fussing about not having a brother.  I am still jogging and doing my pilates.  I am getting slower and slower with my jogging.  I try to stay positive as Hyrum races me and he legit wins, because I can't get enough air, or make my legs move any faster.  We will celebrate Tim's birthday on Tuesday.  I have kept dinner and dessert a secret.  Tim has found ingredients here and there, but hasn't figured it out yet.  I'll try to get some good pictures for next week!

Comments