Third Trimester!

Well, you can tell what kind of week we had.  I managed to get one picture.  We have officially hit the third trimester, so here is a picture of baby number three.  Hopefully, next week I will do better, because honestly, who wants to see a belly picture of pregnant lady.  Kids are much cuter!
 

Tim had another hard week in the hospital.  It is a normal IM rotation, but the hospital has increased the number of patients they are taking, the interns are still newbies and learning the ropes, and some of the patients have been difficult (that's putting it mildly).  I feel really bad, because he puts in such long days and all he does is spin his wheels trying to help everyone and he can't get what he needs to get done.  He has one more day and then he can catch up on sleep next week.  The kids had a blast with Tim on Thursday, his day off.  They were super excited to see him, because they think he never comes home from the hospital.  He leaves before they wake up and gets home long after they are asleep.  He took the kids out to play for longer than thirty minutes and did some wrestling, two things that you are hard pressed to find me doing.  It was nice for me, because I was able to get some random cleaning and organizing done.  I am always amazed at home much I get done when I don't have little helpers.


Speaking of little helpers.  Lila continues to be helpful in the most unhelpful ways.  I know she means well and is just trying to be like me, but it honestly drives me bonkers when she is reaching for my cutting board to pull it closer to her or trying to add more bowls or spices to our counter.  I only have about a two by two space to do all my food prep and there just isn't enough room for her to be "helpful."  We won't even talk about Hyrum trying to wiggle his way in to my counter space, because I'm sorry between him and baby three...baby three gets to stay....and there isn't anything that I can do about that right now.  Her new favorite war cry is, "Read to me! Read to me!"  I have to be very careful and switch between both kids, because they have started fighting about whose book gets to be read.  I suppose if they are going to fight about anything I would rather it be about books.  But still...I can do without all the yelling.  She continues to improve with her language skills and is full of the funniest facial expressions.  She also has a new and improved run.  She has start pumping her arms (she didn't previously) and shaking her booty.  It is a riot to watch!


Hyrum had a harder week.  We had lots of rain, so I am attributing most of his behaviors to not being able to go outside.  On Friday, he did have a play date with some brothers from our ward.  They are about his age.  It was the first time he has interacted with friends since March, besides his cousins.  He was so excited and had a blast scootering and running around the church parking lot for an hour.  It was good to see him playing with other kids.  I know he has missed all the social interactions.  He continues to love reading and learning.  This coming week he should get start with his online preschool.  There is a grant funded program out of Utah that has an online platform of games and learning activities for preschoolers.  He will be doing that this coming year as a fun way to supplement what we are already doing.  And our favorite Hyrum quote of the week, "My dad is a smarty pants, because he has smart pants."  Gotta get me some of those!  


I completed a sewing project this week.  I made a baby blanket to go along with Lila's baby doll she will be getting for her birthday.  I also sewed two large pillow cases to cover the old couch cushions.  The kids have enjoyed being able to jump and lay on them.  I also did some baking.  I made oatmeal cakes and some not so healthy man bars.  Promise, that is what they are called.  I needed to use a box of graham crackers, so I tried the recipe and they are really good.  The most exciting thing this week, I mention above.  We are on the final countdown.  I am still feeling well, just he normal tiredness.  I haven't been getting up too much to use the bathroom, so that has been a plus.  I did decide to stop running this week.  My joints have been feeling great, and thought that I would continue jogging for a couple more weeks.  There must be something about the third trimester, because I went jogging on Wednesday and it was pretty hard.  I am going to still do some speed walking to get my heart rate up and continue with my pregnancy Pilates. 


That's it from us!     

Comments