Busy week!

September has come to an end!  The weeks have passed quickly, especially this week.  There were a lot of little and big things that happened this week.  We enjoyed cooler temperatures, but it did rain more than we would have liked.  

We started off the week with Tim going back to the hospital.  The kids seemed to do okay with it.  I think they are just getting used to the fact that sometimes Tim disappears for a week.  It's sad, but I am grateful the kids can adjust so easily.  I have heard horror stories from other resident families.  Tim's rotation has been exhausting.  There is so much work to be done for the patients.  He leaves really early and gets home late.  He has one more week in his current rotation and then a week of nights.  

Hyrum had a great week.  He finished week two of his bath goal and got his pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes.  Everyone was super happy for him and for ourselves because we got to reap the tasty benefits.  He did a lot of art this week.  I think he is getting really good at drawing.  It's a little hard to see, but on the right is a lion.  I thought it was a really good likeness. 

He also spent some time outside today chalking a race track.  I was surprised that he stuck with it, but there is a nice road down the sidewalk.  He enjoyed racing his card down it and then decided that it would be fun to paint with mud.  Oh boy, at least he painted on a tree.  Another big accomplishment for him was learning to button his church shirt.  They are really tricky and it has been a challenge for the past couple of months.  Today, after about 10 minutes he came running out all smiles declaring his awesomeness.  My baby is growing up!  

One of the many things we made this week was caramel.  It hasn't ever been something that I have made and it turned out well.  We are really getting into fall cooking and backing.  For snack we had caramel and apples.  We also got some apple cider, which was fun.  We typically stick with water and milk, so any time we get something different the kids love it.


Lila is growing up too!  I snapped this picture this week.  Cooler temperatures means that her hair can be down a little more.  She just looks so much older.  Her language has taken another leap.  She is using two to three word sentences and you can really understand what she says.  She is also venturing out and saying some more difficult words and succeeding.  She continues to be my little helper and is always close by wanting to help.  

We were all waiting for the end of the week.  Thursday we babysat for a friend who had a doctor's appointment.  We have been switching babysitting for a couple of months.  It has been very nice to have someone I can count on to watch the kids.  She is due really soon, so I will have to work things out for my last month.  Hyrum had a blast running up and down the stairs with their little boy.  They have three flights, so there were plenty to keep them busy.  Lila just liked all the new toys.  

The biggest event of our week was the "uncles" visiting.  Tim's brother and cousin were visiting the area and came by to hang out for the day.  Hyrum referred to them as "the uncles."  Hyrum was in heaven all day.  I am sure they were exhausted, but were very good sports playing with him.  I snapped a picture of them playing bumper cars with the pillows.  Hyrum also convinced them to play trains, magnets, read, watch cartoons with him, and to get in his tent.  

I started on my baby list this week.  I made a good amount of progress planning food and routines for when the baby comes.  I also did some reorganizing, cleaning, and extra loads of laundry.  It feels good to knock some things off my list.  I just need to stop adding things to it.  Besides the caramel exploration, I made acorn squash which everyone liked, but Lila.  Spaghetti squash was turned into hash browns, which didn't turn out as tasty, but Hyrum and I still ate it.  Next week is General Conference, so we will be doing some more cooking!  Sunday was also a busy day for me.  I was asked to teach the lesson for relief society mid-week, so I was preparing that this week.  I haven't attended the zoom meetings because they are always during lunch for the kids and I am typically alone, so it is just easier not to.  There was also a ministering meeting with the priesthood in the afternoon.  Despite how many hours the kids were ignored today, I couldn't have asked for a better day from the kids.  It wasn't perfect, but I was able to do what I needed to do. 

Until next week! 

Comments