Fall is here!

We are loving the cooler temperatures.  A switch has flipped and we are out of the 80s and into the 70s.  We have been able to leave the AC off for most of the week because the apartment stays so pleasant.  The kids have enjoyed playing outside and hunting for the first signs of fall.  I snapped this picture one day of the kids just playing in the dirt.  Lila is getting a little better at playing with Hyrum, but still doesn't get most of his pretend.  Hyrum tends to get frustrated because she never sticks around long to play.


The the recent changes in our state's covid status opportunities are coming for Hyrum to play more.  This week we went to the church again for a biking party with some other kids.  We also took both kids to a fun park to play.  While there he was able to find to brothers to play tag with.  It did my heart good seeing him running around with other kids smiling so big.  He is needing to relearn some social skills as well as new ones like being okay with playing a friend's game instead of the one you wanted to play.  

H also spent his week working towards is waffle reward.  It's time for him to be more independent in the bath.  He was fighting us on it so, we set a goal of him bathing himself for a week to get waffles.  He was super excited to help Tim make them on Saturday.  Friday we made a two berry syrup to go with them.  He and Lila also did lots of dress up this week.  It is fun to see them play more together.  Another thing we have been working on with Hyrum is to use his words instead of yelling.  There has been so much yelling because neither child uses their words to say what they want or what is frustrating them.  It's totally developmental, but it is nice that Hyrum is understanding that he can redirect Lila himself, because she just doesn't understand the game or where to walk when he sets up an interact tent system that tends to fall down if you breathe too hard.


We also acquired a new toy from a neighbor that saved us on Sunday.  It's a water drawing mat that the kids loved coloring on.  Tim had some fun on it as well writing and drawing pictures.  He even made a cute unicorn for Lila.  What a dad!  Hyrum has been on a joke kick this last week.  Unfortunately, he doesn't really understand the concept of a joke.  So, it is usually some fact that he finds funny attached to a, "Get it!"  We have been hearing "get it" a lot this week.


Lila's language is improving daily.  I feel like both Tim and I understand what she is saying most of the time.  In the last week, she has started stringing several words together to make a sentence.  It's so fun to listen to her talk and to see her personality come out more as she talks.  She is definitely a mother hen/helper.  She is also getting into dressing up more, which is cute.  She has been able to dress herself for a while and she has started to choose her own clothes.  Sometimes I have to just go with it and hope the public realizes that she is at that stage.  Luckily, she can't come up with too many outlandish combinations.    


Tim had the car for most of the week, so we stayed around the neighborhood.  I had an OB appointment and everything looks good.  I really like how fast my appointments have been.  I have to say one nice thing about covid is that the doctor's office doesn't tend to get backed up.  I won't got back until 36 almost 37 weeks (about three weeks).  I am also digging the fact that I don't have to go to nearly as many appointments.  I feel a lot more comfortable with what my normal is and am okay stretching out the appointments.  I did a lot of baking this week.  We started off with some mini banana muffins to share with the my awesome friend that comes over with her son to watch the kids for my appointments.  We also made a small batch of cookies.  Pinterest is great a pulling up recipes for me to try based on my searches.  I found this one that was fast and tasty.  


I love that Fall is here and actually feels like it.  This time of year in Houston was nice, but Fall never felt like Fall because it was too warm.  We are definitely in soup and squash season.  We started off with cornbread and chili.  Everyone was excited for the cornbread and ate the chili, which made me happy.  We also had black bean butternut squash burgers.  It's a family favorite this time of year.  

And here is my almost 34 week pregnancy picture.  This little guy has decided that is super fun to push and stretch out.  Not has fun for me, but we are getting closer to the end!


 

Comments