Little bit of fun and funny!

We had a pretty average week filled with some fun and funny times!  Without further delay, let's get started with the number one goofball in the family.

In case you were wondering, Hyrum is the number one goofball.  He stumps me sometimes with his super charged emotions.  We had some more difficult days this week, but while we had difficult days we had some good, funny days.  We met met up with another family this week (more details later) and he was really excited to meet them and have dinner.  He decided that he needed to look extra special.  I kid you not, this is what he said. "When I met new people, I like to change up my hair.  This is my meeting people zebra hair."  Sure enough he had fancy hair when we met up with the family.    


He continues to love to read and learns words every day.  We received word that Hyrum will be apart of the October phase of starting his online preschool.  We have another month to wait, but I think he will really like it.  In the mean time I am sure he will continue to build his rocket ships and zooming around the apartment.  

Lila is getting so big.  She will turn two this coming week.  We had some beautiful weather on Saturday, so I cleaned the car and decided that instead of pulling out her seat to clean and then five days later pulling it out to switch it, that I would just change it.  She loved the view and seeing things from a different perspective.  Along with getting bigger, she is getting more independent.  She is learning to fold clothes and put them away, dust and vacuum, switch laundry, hang up clothes, get dressed, and to take off her diaper.  She has started running to the bathroom for her bath and taking off her own diaper.  I guess we are too slow for her now.  Now if I can just get Hyrum to be as enthusiastic about helping out.


Tim switched to an endocrinology rotation.  It's okay, not his favorite, but interesting.  He continues to spend his free time learning about sports medicine and the body.  I have become his patient again as he practices different test and explores joints and tendons.  He was able to be home for dinner most nights this week and he has weekends off for the next few weeks, so it is nice for the kids and I to see him more.  

When he comes home early enough he gets to enjoy dinner while it's hot!  I ventured out and made chimichangas this week and it was a hit.  Tim loves Mexican food and I think I have found another recipe to feed his addiction.  The kids even ate them without complaint or fuss, so it was a double plus.  He will have Monday off, because he would have been in the clinic and it is a holiday.


 Besides the normal stuff, my week went quickly.  Tim removed my stitches earlier this week and I am not wearing bandages any more.  My finger is healing well, but still looks beat up.  I don't have normal feeling yet, which makes using it interesting.  Typing right now is a little difficult, because I don't have the same sensitivity.  The baby is growing and kicking up a storm.  I have officially hit the part of pregnancy where you just can't get comfortable.  I keep reminding myself of just how few weeks left there is.  I continue to stay active, which helps me not feel so lazy.  

Tim and I were so proud of ourselves this week.  We realized later in the week that it was a holiday weekend.  We typically try to do something fun, especially if Tim doesn't have to work.  It developed into us being social and inviting another family over for dinner.  We asked an old college roommate and her family to come over.  They just moved to the area for school.  We seriously haven't invited anyone other than the missionaries over for dinner in years!  We certainly haven't done anything with another family that involved both Tim and I present.  We had a lot of fun doing campfire nachos and s'mores.  It was great to get the kids together and for the adults to talk.  

We don't have anything super awesome planned other than celebrating and super awesome kid's birthday.  I'm sure that will consume most of our conversation this week.  I'll end with another Hyrum quote.  He was doing singing with Grandma Kluber and practicing the Happy Birthday song.  Hyrum decided to take maters into his own hands and change the words.  "Happy, happy birthday Lila dear.  Hope you have lots of happy days all year.  If I had one wish that it would be, that you have a happy day because you spend less time in timeout than me."  Enough said!

Have a good one.

Comments

Holly said…
Love that version of happy happy birthday!