Another busy week!

Our week was a fast one.  There was a lot that happened, and I think the little things will keep happening as we get closer to baby.  I have a massive list of things that I want to do in preparation for our new addition.  The only problem with that is I am still at least four weeks out and it kind of defeats the purpose of deep cleaning so far out.  I blame my antsiness on a good friend who is due any day.  She has been trying to get prepared and it is just rubbing off.

The kids has a week filled with play.  They have both been into dressing up.  You will notice that they love to layer.  I think their combinations are hilarious.  Lila consistently has on the ballet shoes.  She is really good at slipping them on.  Maybe it's good practice for the future?  Monday they also go to play with my friend's little boy.  We have been switching babysitting, because kids aren't allowed at the doctor's office.  They are always excited for him to come over.  

Tim had another hard week.  There was so much to do and between the longer hours and less sleep it is a hard finish to the rotation.  He has just one more day and then he will have a week of nights.  Thursday was his day off and he was kind enough to take the kids on by himself for a couple of hours, so I could go and help my friend do a little extra cleaning.  Her husband had finals to study for and take along with trying to get an online class finished before their baby came.  There is just something about getting to clean someone else's mess that is so much less stressful and frustrating then when it is your own.  But, that may be just me or the fact that my messes this week dealt with mold.  Which is super annoying and frustrating.

We have been finding a lot of mold .  I can always smell when it pops up, so I go mold hunting.  I am kicking myself that I didn't get a picture of it, because it was so darn funny.  On one of my two mold cleaning days this week, Hyrum got particularly disgusted with the smell.  In his defense the vinegar solution is pretty stinky.  He decided that he needed some protection to save himself from the smell.  He proceeded to put on his construction vest, cape, pirate bandana, conductor hat, goggles, and a block bag on top of his head as the "piece de resistance" to protect himself from the smell.  I turned around to look at him and just had to laugh, because he looked ridiculous, but it was just what I needed in my frustration.

Lila has a new phrase, "Not now."  We started off the week with her using it with food.  She would eat her most favorite parts of the meal or one or two bites before saying she was all done and, "Not now."  My kids are big eaters, so when they take two bites and say they are done, I don't believe it for a second.  Sure enough ten minutes later she grabbed her food and ate it up.  She quickly decided a much better use for her phrase was for naps.  She spent most of the week screaming her head off that she didn't want and nap, "Not now!"  I'm not sure if I have mentioned it, because she is very stubborn and determined.  I managed to wait her out on every day except Saturday.  She screamed and then calmed herself down and chatted for her whole nap.  It made for a hard second session of conference.  We had a really good nap today, so I am hoping with more talking and positive praise that she will go back to naps.  I'm NOT ready for her to be giving them up and I really don't thing she is either.

For Hyrum's sake, we have talked a lot about General Conference.  He was excited for the day to finally come.  Tim had to work, so I was doing it alone.  I usually make cinnamon rolls as a snack and pizza for dinner.  I managed to make the cinnamon rolls, but the kids got English muffin pizza.  That was all I could muster.  Hyrum did a good job of entertaining himself and surprised me a couple of times with his questions.  I didn't think he was listening at all.  He had some specific activities from the Friend that we have been saving, as well as block building, box decorating, cutting, and magnet activities.  Things did not go as well when Lila was awake.  As previously mentioned, the second session was our hardest.  There may or may not have been tears shed from all person's present.


In between sessions I took the kids outside to play.  They spent most of their time digging a whole.  They got super dirty, but as long as they weren't fighting I was happy.  Hyrum's love of sticks has been rubbing off on Lila.  She found a ginormous stick and was lugging it around.  At one point it was a vacuum and it remined me of Hyrum's pet dog that was a stick.  And just in case you caught it, I will confirm that Lila is dumping dirt from her bucket on Hyrum's head.  We need to work on her aim a little.

It was an exhausting week for me.  I am starting to slow down even more, but there is still a lot to do between normal life and all the extra things.  I not only watched a little boy, spent a couple of hours cleaning with a friend, and killed lots of mold, but spent time washing our car, switching out clothes for the kids, reorganizing drawers to make room for another baby, made cinnamon rolls, made a Walmart run to buy baby things (which I couldn't find anything on my list and ended up purchasing it all online anyway...grrr!) and tried my hand at black bean butternut squash enchiladas.  Oh, and watched 10 hours of conference.  The enchiladas turned out really tasty.  The kids ate it up, but there are a few things that I will change for next time.  

I'm coming up on 36 weeks.  Baby boy is getting bigger and pushing up more on my sternum and stomach.  So, not only can I not breathe or comfortably sit, but the heartburn has been coming strong.  I ran out of my giant container of Tums and thought I would get the medium size to minimize the leftovers.  I only get heartburn when I am pregnant, but I am really wishing I would have purchased the giant one, because the container is half gone and I still have four weeks.

Here's to another week!

Comments