Curse you mold!

 As you can tell from the title, the mold issues continue.  I can't seem to get on top if it and I keep finding it in random places.  I did a lot of extra loads of laundry to try to clean it off of various items.  By the end of the week I purchased a dehumidifier, pitched a couple of things, and sent a couple of maintenance requests that according to Tim sounded more angry than nice.  I was going for clear and direct, so I guess that means angry.  We'll see what comes of those, because our complex has a terrible track record. 

Tim was on nights this week, so I tried to get out at least once a day to run an errand or just be away from the house to ensure Tim can sleep.  He never seems to have much trouble sleeping through all the noise.  He had some busy nights and some slow nights.  Mostly, he will be glad to finish his nights, so he can go back to a normal sleep schedule.  

We met of with some people at the church to ride scooters.  I met a couple of new sisters in the ward.  I felt terrible, because one of them moved in, in April and I had no idea.  Apparently, there is 10 or so new families.  That's a good thing because we had quite a few move out this Spring and there is another exodus happening in December.  Covid has changed a lot of plans for people.

Hyrum complained plenty this week about the smell from mold cleaning.  He wasn't as dramatic as last week, and still let his opinions be known, but he seems to have accepted the fact that the stinky stuff will continue to come out until it is fixed.  The highlight of his week was starting his online preschool.  He took the assessment on Monday and Tuesday and then did the regular activities for the rest of the week.  He doesn't have much experience with technology, so the mouse was a little hard for him, but by the end of the week he pretty much mastered it.  He really enjoys the activities and will sit for a good 45 minutes and play.  We continue to do one on one reading afterwards to keep him going.  

Lila had another language leap.  She started using full sentences!  We started the week with her saying, "Daddy help Lila get up."  Today she told me about how Hyrum helped her get her water that fell in the mud.  I can't remember if I mentioned this, but she also started singing the ABCs and has become more interested in colors.  I am also very happy to say that she went down for a nap like a champ all week.  No more crying/screaming her head off...whoot!  

And I'll apologize that the only picture I took was of my bump.  I guess it was that kind of week again.  I am almost 37 weeks.  It doesn't look like it, but he has dropped.  I can breathe so much easier and heartburn isn't as bad.  I definitely got more tums this week, because I still need them.  I am down to about 5 or less a day instead of 10 or so.  I continue to try to exercise daily, but with all the bending, lifting, and cleaning I did this week, it didn't happen as often.   


That is pretty much it from our week.  Not much excitement.  Not unless you consider me getting hot and bothered by our apartment as exciting.  If that's the case then there was plenty of excitement.  Let's hope for my sanity that we don't have another mold week.  Until then!

Comments