Family of Five!

Finally!  After much waiting our newest addition to our family arrived.  I'm not sure if he was trying to win some premortal bet, but he is my current longest over due baby.  On Saturday the 14th, I woke up to some contractions and I knew they had changed.  I was hoping he would decide to come on Saturday, but by the time I went to bed that night, I knew that it wouldn't happen.  I woke up a couple of hours later and things were in motion.  By 2:30 am we were on our way to the hospital.  We definitely had more time than we did with Lila., which Tim appreciated.  After getting checked in and settled, we had several more hours was labor before I decided to get an epidural.  We were all thinking that he would come faster like with Lila, but 6:30 am came and went with Tim sleeping and me just relaxing.  At 7:30 am I asked for the doctor and at 8:01 Liam Edward made a splash...literally.  We can't remember how many rounds of pushing, I think it was four.  He weighed in at 9 pounds 2 ounces.  He was blocking most of the amniotic fluid, so when he came out he made a mess.  The doctor said, "Well, my socks made it to 8 this time."  I thought it was funny.  For being such a big boy I only had a first degree tear.  Oh, and my other favorite hospital quote was from the receptionist in labor and delivery.  The nurse asked the reason for me coming in, to which I responded a little confused, "I'm in labor." 

Things got rolling pretty fast at the hospital after I mentioned that I wouldn't mind going home after one night in the hospital.  There was a constant parade of people starting with the OB at 6:30 in the morning.  Unfortunately, we didn't leave the hospital until 4 pm due to a test not being done correctly, but we still got to go home and spend the night with the only interruptions being Liam waking up.  One of my favorite things is their first bath.  He loved getting his hair done, but didn't like being stripped down for his body.     


The kids were excited to see him and have enjoyed holding him.  Both have done well and hopefully it continues to hold as the newness wears off.  

Liam is a good baby and has adjusted to Earth life much faster than the older two.  We had a rough few nights between 10-2 in the morning, but last night was much better.  I doubt we will have two nights in a row, but I will take the successes that we have had with eating and burping.  I snapped this picture after his first washcloth bath at home.  I discovered that his hair pattern makes for great mohawks.  

We had lots of time waiting.  Tim had the two previous weeks off, so he was able to spend lots of time with the kids.  He and Hyrum watch How to Train Your Dragon with popcorn.  Hyrum really enjoyed it and had lots of fun with Tim.  We had some colder days, so between braving cooler weather, Tim came up with creative ways to keep the kids occupied.  Hot lava is Hyrum's new favorite game.  


Lila had fun dressing up and finding bags and containers to fill.  I am always surprised how much fun she has just dumping things.  She continues to be our happy, helpful little girl.  We have started to see more the assertiveness that comes with the twos.  She has been more gradual with the terrible twos, where Hyrum was a literal switch that seemed to flip over night.    

Both kids enjoyed some yoga on a rainy day, which was fun to watch.  Lila did surprisingly well, for her first time.  The kids also enjoyed a visit from Grandma and Grandpa Zimmerman.  There was plenty of playing inside and outside, with a fun hike and ice cream in the mix.  It was nice to have extra hands to help entertain kids, while we adjusted to a new baby.  We also did the baby blessing one evening while Tim's parent's were here.  It was small and very different from the older two, but still special in it's own way.

That concludes the update for the last two weeks.  We hope each of you are happy and healthy and find many reasons to be grateful especially this coming week as we celebrate Thanksgiving!
 

Comments