Happy Halloween!

 We hope everyone had a safe and fun Halloween.  Our area didn't really do trick or treating this year, so we opted to stay home and celebrate.  I think the kids had fun.  I'll go into more details later.

Tim continued to do independent studying this week.  He felt that it has been very beneficial.  He will have one more day on Monday and then he will have two weeks of vacation.  We planned it that way in hopes that the baby would come...we will see if he cooperates.  Since he has keys to the church he has been going over to the church to do some studying.  It has been a nice way for him to focus and it is right across the street.  He spent a day working in a sports medicine clinic and working on a poster for a conference.  UNC had a scare this week with an active shooter.  We heard a ton of sirens go by our apartment.  I thought it was a major accident, but Tim texted and said that he just received notice that a medical building was on lockdown.  Turned out to be nothing, but it was a comfort to have Tim across the street at the church.

Hyrum continues to do well in preschool.  He has started working with more difficult concepts, which is fun to see him try to work through.  I am always impressed with how well he does.  I certainly never picked things up as fast as he does.  He continues to work on his coping skills.  We mixed in a couple of others this week and he definitely has his favorites.  It was been really nice not to have huge emotional outburst.  He can calm himself down in just a minute or two.  He was very excited for Halloween to come.  I was a little worried that he would be disappointed, but with what I had planned it kept him happy.  He also insisted on dressing up as a soccer player again.  It was fun to see the shirt fit him a little better.  I wonder how many years I can get him to be a soccer player?!

Unfortunately, both kids got sick this week.  Hyrum was first to get watery eyes and a runny nose.  I thought it might be allergies, because we had several very windy days that kicked up pollen from the pine trees.  When Lila developed the same symptoms, we knew it was a cold.  It has been so long since either of them have been sick.  Honestly, I think it was way back in February.  One good thing about covid is we have been very healthy.  We had two nights of kids not sleeping very well, which meant it was hard for Tim and myself.  Both are sleeping better and on the mend.  I am really hoping not to get sick.

Lila had a harder week because she was sick.  She also missed a nap on Tuesday.  She doesn't miss too many, so it was hard on her.  She missed because the duct cleaning people came right at nap time.  The upside is that we don't have mold in our ducts, but we did find mold in other locations that will hopefully be fixed soon.  She continues to learn new words and sing songs.  We don't know what she is singing half the time, but she sure belts it out.  She also continues to hone her mothering skills.  I was really surprised this week when she was holding her baby and started doing the mother rock.  I thought it was so interesting, because she doesn't have much experience with babies or seeing me with a baby.  We finished up our baby boot camp today and both kids seem ready and happy for a baby.  Hyrum keeps asking when he will come and we keep telling him it's a surprise...we don't even know.

The primary dropped off some Halloween goodies.  One of which was some playdough to turn into monsters.  The kids had a blast being creative.  


We started off Halloween with Halloween pancakes.  The kids enjoyed the colorful pancakes.  Tim opted to have some regular colored ones.  Hyrum got dressed in his soccer costume and Lila didn't want to dress up in anything, so she just wore regular clothes.

Tim took the kids out for a walk and a Halloween drive to let me sleep.  The night before wasn't very good for me.  I woke up at 2:30 with Lila crying and couldn't fall back asleep.  The extra naps really helped.  I also made lunch.  The kids loved eating spiders and ghosts.

For snack we made a small batch of sugar cookies.  I have found some really great small batch recipes.  I love not having tons of treats left over.  We always feel so sick trying to finish them, so we don't waist.  But, this batch gave us a dozen cookies that was just enough for a couple of days.  Hyrum loved decorating his own cookies.  He chose to have a blue pumpkin and cat.  Lila wasn't feeling well, so she didn't want any.  

Tim got out his amazing artist skills to help with dinner.  We had quesadillas Halloween style.  I think it turned out really cute and the kids ate it up, which is always a win in my book.

Last Sunday I started having some contractions.  They didn't last for more than a couple of hours, so it wasn't anything to get excited about, but it was enough to worry me into getting everything done sooner rather than later.  I have never had anything other than braxton hicks, so it was a new experience.  Throughout the week I had random contractions that were more uncomfortable.  This pregnancy has been full of firsts.

Hopefully we will have baby pictures to share next week!


Comments