Jinx!

Tim started off his two weeks of vacation on Tuesday, so it has been nice to have him around.  My mom flew in late Monday evening to help with the baby, but we ended up with tons of adults to help, but no baby.  It seems fate has determined that I will be pregnant forever...either that or I jinxed myself.  

The kids have enjoyed all the adults around to play with...there is plenty of attention to give.  It was a bit of adjustment for Tim, because he is so used to always being on the go with work.  We tried to plan something every afternoon to do with the kids to get them outside and to just spend time with them.  

So, let's get into the week.  As already mentioned above, my mom came in on Monday night.  Hyrum was pumped to have her come and kept asking when she would be here.  He woke up bright and early on Tuesday to say hello.  Unfortunately, what I thought was allergies on Hyrum's part turned into a cold for both kids.  We battled the rest of the week with runny noses and difficulty sleeping.  

Tuesday, I had my 40 week appointment.  The NP that I saw said I was dilated to a one, but we still set an induction date for this coming week.  She was hopeful that I wouldn't make it to my induction date, but I am now four days past my due date.  I am crossing my fingers that this one comes on his own, because I really don't want to be induced.  We spent the rest of the day catching up and getting into a routine with dad and grandma around during the day, when it is usually just me and the kids.  Tim took the kids out to ride bikes and play outside for a couple of hours. 

Wednesday, was relaxing in the morning.  Lila discovered grandma's bag of fun combs and brushes.  She decided that she needed to redo her hair and ended up with a very big southern hair.  Tim took me on a surprise lunch date.  We decided that it was in fact a date, because the kids had a sitter.  We usually take the kids with us when we celebrate anything, so it was different to just be the two of us.  There was lots of playtime and in the afternoon we took the kids to forest trail that didn't have anyone around.  I was concerned because the kids still had runny noses and I didn't want them spreading their colds or other adults thinking that we had covid, which they didn't.  They had tons of fun climbing on rocks and throwing sticks into a little creek.


Thursday, was another relaxing day of hoping the baby would come.  Tim took Hyrum on a dad date to eat some lunch.  Hyrum was all smiles when they got back.  I was able to get a nap in almost every day since grandma was here.  It was nice because between me being up to use the bathroom and kids waking up multiple times a night.

Friday and Saturday were much like the rest of the week.  Poor Hyrum kept asking when baby brother was going to come, which is what we were all wondering.  We ran little errands and played outside enjoying the 70 degree weather.

Sunday was busy with church and entertaining kids.  We ended up over at the church playing in leaves and riding bikes.  We also took the kids on another ride to look at the leaves.  They have really turned pretty colors in the last week.  We discovered a couple of new places to explore on another day.  


In all it was a fun week with grandma visiting.  We all wish that the baby had come earlier, so she can see him before she leaves, which on Monday afternoon.  We had some good laughs and made some good memories.  One way or another we will have pictures to share next week.

Comments