Surviving day to day!

We have made it through the week.  Tim has been home all week and will have one more week off before going back to work.  He will have a couple of weeks of partial days, which will be nice to have him go back gradually to full time...meaning gone all the time.  He has been amazing to get up with the older two in the morning and to play with them outside when I need to be in with the baby.  I definitely feel like this is the most rested I have been with  any of our kids. 

It's been an adjustment with a newborn.  I always forget everything that happens with a newborn, mostly the middle of the night feedings.  I would say overall Liam is our best baby as far as adjusting to day and night and sleeping at night.  Most nights have been able to sleep in at least two hour blocks.  We have had a couple nights where he just can't seem to fall asleep during the 10-1 hours.  Not. Cool.  After a couple of hair washes, I am suspecting that he might have curly hair.  It lays flat while it is more oily, but after a wash there is a curl to it.  It will be interesting to see how it grows.  He continues to sleep most of the day, but we are starting to see him more alert during the day, at least for a few minutes.

Hyrum and Lila still like him.  Hyrum frequently makes comments about Liam's crying hurting his ears.  I want to respond that it exactly how I feel when he is yelling and screaming.  Liam is a good baby and there really isn't too much fussing or crying.  I am hoping it holds, but only time will tell.  Hyrum continues to enjoy his preschool.  He is learning more phonics skills, which is always fun.  We have been lax the past few weeks in reading his books, but we are going to get back into it soon.  He does so well with literacy that I can't wait for him to be reading more independently.  

Lila is Lila.  She has tons of energy and is proving to be helpful sometimes with the baby.  Her language skills continue to come.  She is getting better with longer sentences and more clear in what she is saying.  She has a hard time with all blends, so sometimes it's difficult to made out what she is referring to.  After much pressure from the male parental unit, we gave Lila one of her Christmas gifts early.  We found a great deal on a balance bike.  Tim wanted to have some time to ride it before the weather got too cold and she seems to love it.  Hopefully, she will get some more time to ride.


 Tim and I are making things up as we go.  Tim is learning home routines and dealing with kids in a way that he never really has.  He has always been so busy with school and gone all day and sometimes late into the night that he misses much of what goes on during the day.  I sure appreciate all his help, but I am sure he will be glad to go back to work and deal with normal problems of adults, not tantrums and life lessons of young children.  

We had Thanksgiving with some friends this year.  I had plans to do it with just our family, but my old roommate from college invited us to spend it with her and her family.  Hyrum had a blast playing with their son and we enjoyed talking with adults.  Sometimes it's just nice to talk in more complex sentences and about topics other than dirty diapers and being nice.  I took a chocolate pie and a fruit salad.  The pie was definitely a hit...especially with the kids.  Pumpkin is an acquired taste.

I think that is about all from us.  Half the time I can't remember why I went into a room, so I am sure I am missing some crucial events.  Hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving!  

Oh yeah...crucial event!  We finally know baby Yoda's background!  So. Exciting.  The Mandalorian is the one show we watch and it is our Friday night date when we don't have a movie from the library.  Tim even enjoys  it (I think), even though he is not a Star Wars person at all.  

Have a good one.

Comments