1 Month!

 It is crazy that one month has already passed.  Liam marked the occasion by going through a major growth spurt.  He has been out of newborn clothes for a couple of weeks, but this week I realized that his 0-3 month clothes are a perfect fit and will be too small very soon.  We have experienced some difficulty with him spitting up like Lila which is concerning, but we are crossing our fingers that it is due to growing and over eating.  He has started making cooing sounds and looking at us more.  The older kids enjoyed singing and "playing" with him this week.  Tim also enjoyed playing with him...



Hyrum continues to enjoy preschool and learning.  He is full of questions and loves to create.  Today he decided to make tent with a balcony.  He used a long pillow to create his balcony.  We also struggled plenty with Hyrum this week.  I'm not quite sure how to explain it, because I don't quite understand it myself.  He lost plenty of time watching shows this week and dealing with the consequences of his behavior.  I know I have said this before, but every week I feel like we get one struggle under control just for a new one that is even worse to come up.

Lila continues to learn.  She has discovered counting and can count to 11.  I was surprised when she did, but excited.  She also struggled with naps this week.  Partly because of the meltdowns Hyrum had during her naps, but I think she is working on her two bottom molars.  She also had some success with using the toilet this week.  We have been talking about using the toilet for a while, but haven't started potty training.  I am not ready for it and I don't think she is quite ready.  Well, she has decided that she wants to "use" the toilet before and after her bath.  Typically, it is just an exercise to practice.  On one of the days poor Tim battled her because she keep saying she needed to use the toilet, but nothing would happen after sitting for a while.  Well, we were t-minus fifteen minutes to bedtime and she finally went potty and we all were super happy.  She does seem more aware of herself, so it will be interesting to see if she chooses to potty train herself before we get through the three ginormous boxes of diapers I bought so, we wouldn't need to go to Walmart for a while.  Note that she will have to ride the wave herself, because I certainly don't have the brain power or energy to potty train and child right now.

Tim was back at work this week.  He was in a variety of sports medicine clinics this week.  He had a mix of half days and full days and will have the same next week.  He also mixed in working on a presentation that he will give early next year.  The week after he will go back to the hospital.  Because he has to work through Christmas we decided to have Christmas late.  We figured it would only be weird for Tim and I and as long as we keep the same traditions we can pretty much celebrate any day we want.  So, this year Christmas will be celebrated 29-30th of this month.  He continues to try to help out with Liam as much as he can, but after next week I will pretty much be flying solo.  I'm not sure I am ready for it.

We had some great nights of sleeping and then some not so great nights.  I am hoping for a couple of decent nights of sleep to try to recoup what I have lost.  I manage to get the basics done every day and struggle to get the extra stuff done.  Hopefully, the extra stuff will get easier when Liam's schedule can be condensed and I have 3-4 extra hours every day.  One of the extra things I did this week was make pie.  Some how I ended up with three pie shells.  I decided to make three pies this month.  The first was an Oreo pie, which Hyrum declared would be Grandpa Kluber's favorite since he loves Oreos..  Tim and I agree that it was tasty, but not one that we would want to keep making over and over.  Next will be an apple pie using dried apples.  It's super random, but a while ago I was talking with Tim's mom about how she had made an apple pie using dried apples.  Since then I have wanted to try it.  With the infusion for dried apples from Grandma and Grandpa Zimmerman we are going to give it a try.  The last will be another chocolate pie for Christmas.  

Until next week!

 

Comments