We are still alive!

 We have made it three weeks and all three children are still alive.  Mom and dad are still alive, so we are do great!  It continues to be a process, but after three weeks I feel I can safely say that transitioning from two to three is easier than one to two.  I just hope I can still say that after next week.  Tim goes back to work part days, which means I won't be able to sleep in any more...that could be a problem.  I'm sure we will make it one way or another.  

Tim has been a big help all week getting up with the kids so I can sleep in, especially on the mornings when the nights were less than ideal.  Overall Liam does well and I am crossing my fingers that it holds, because we are getting close to the age when colic starts and my first two just really didn't like the world for several months until they figured out they were stuck here.  Tim also took the kids outside to burn off some energy.  We had a couple of warmer days in the 60s this week, but we are definitely seeing colder weather.  He also braved some of the colder afternoons as well to get the kids bike time.  

Speaking of bikes.  Remember this last week.  


Lila is a balance bike champ!  It only took her about three days of practice and she was cruising through the parking lot.  She gets so excited to keep going.  I must say it was a good choice to give her, her Christmas present early.  She is also a big helper.  She is learning what all the baby things are called and where they are located.  The kids like to take out the diapers, which is really funny to me.  Some mornings they fight over who gets to take out the diapers outside to the trash.  If they only understood what they were really fighting over.  We continue to have trouble with her independence and wanting to do things that she is not old enough for and tantrums.  She has really gotten attached to the phrase "right now." which she pronounces "not now."  She continues to surprise we every day with her use of words.  I always compare her to Hyrum, and she is definitely not as clear as he was at this age, but she is definitely coming along using three to four word sentences.  

Mr. Liam is starting to get some smiles.  We usually see them as he is falling asleep.  I am beginning to suspect two things.  We will see if I am right.  The first is curly hair.  I may have mentioned this last week, but I think he might have curlier hair than Lila.  there is an intense wave when it is wet.  I also think he might end up with blond hair.  He has patches of very blond hair in the back and if you look at his roots they look very blond.  He may end up with a a lighter color like Hyrum, but there is definitely blond hair in there.  We had some tummy struggles this week that caused middle of the night distress.  Hence the harder nights mentioned earlier.  We have also had some struggles with spitting up...the too much variety.  I don't think it is the same as Lila...at least I am really crossing my fingers it's not.  I don't think I can do another round of Lila troubles.  We should know in the next couple of weeks.  He also had his first bath this week.  I have just used a wash clothe to wipe him down.  He didn't seem to like it at first, but after a bit he warmed up to it.  He also got me this week.  We learned out lesson well with Hyrum and his waterworks.  I wasn't quick enough and he got me.  

We spent the week getting all kinds of boxes.  We happened to get a couple of huge ones that were perfect for the kids to play in.  I am all for letting them play in them and color all over them.  After four and a half years of carefully crafting low creativity expectations, Tim ruined it in one afternoon.

He gets this creative look on his face and I know we are in for it.  I had to chuckle because it reminded me of the derby cars the scouts do, or should I say the dads do.  "They" spent a good hour drawing lines and cutting.  The final product was a low-rider truck we were all envious of, complete with a moving steering wheel.  



Hyrum enjoyed playing with Tim, riding bikes, climbing trees, preschool, his awesome truck, asking questions, running around like a crazy person, helping with Liam, and doing Christmas crafts.  He did not enjoy his time-outs or loosing TV time.  He has started giving up a run for our money again.  We take care of one thing and he discovers a worse habit that we have to break.  It is really quite frustrating.  He spent a lot of time this week wishing he could watch his shows.  He is a good kid, but some times he drives us crazy and we just don't know how to respond to him.  Like the Hyrum quote of the week.  "I have learned deep in my heart that it is better to receive than to give."  Let's all pause for a moment.  Yes, it is written correctly and yes he meant every word.  If ever there was a time to insert the face slapping emoji, it would be now.  Hopefully, this too shall pass or at least covid will and he can go to school in eight months (insert prayer emoji...not joking).

I'm somewhat rest, but not ready for Tim to go back to work.  We have two weeks of a lighter schedule and then the last two weeks of December will be business as usual.  We will see how it goes.  Until next week.    



Comments