A week of firsts!

 I'm not sure where the week has gone.  I realized this week that I haven't written in my journal in almost three months!  The time has been slipping by so fast that it seems like every time I blink another day or month has come and gone.  

Tim spent the week either at home or working in a clinic.  I should know by now that when he says he has the week off, he doesn't really have the week off.  He also spent the week gearing up for a solo trip with the older two to visit cousins.  He always enjoys his time in clinic and from the bits and pieces I have gathered from text messages he and the kids are having a ton of fun with cousins.  More on that later.

The weather has been cold and rainy for most of the week.  We braved the weather a few times to go outside for a bit, but not for long.  Mostly, the kids have been talking about visiting cousins, and Hyrum's dental appointment.  The UNC dental school was doing free dental cleanings for kids and we decided to take Hyrum in.  This one went much better than the first one he went to at 18 months.  We watched some dental videos in preparation, so he would know what to expect.  In one of the videos the child got two prizes, which hooked Hyrum and you better believe it that he asked the dental student if he would be getting two prizes.  Tim had to explain that his electric toothbrush and giant rubber ball where his two prizes. 

Lila has turned into my errand buddy.  She likes to come with me when I go out and about.  On of our missions we went to find her a mask.  We haven't really had her wear one, but decided that it was time for her to start.  She has been asking about a mask for her and she was super pumped to get to choose her own masks.  She chose Mickey Mouse and enjoyed wearing it around the house.  

The kids were super excited for Friday.  Tim decided to make a quick visit to his brother in Knoxville.  As we got closer he was less sure about flying solo on the car trip, because I opted to stay behind with Liam.  The report is that everything went well and they made good time.  From the pictures I have been getting, they seem to be having a blast.



As for me, my first staycation has been fabulous.  I haven't had this much free time since Hyrum was a baby!  It has been really nice to move at a much slower pace.  With three kids I am always running round trying to do something and with it being just Liam and I there is no running needed.  We have done some cleaning and organizing.  The old adage many hands makes the work light does not apply when littles are involved.  I know I have mentioned this before, but I was able to get some much more done in half the time.  Oh, we also did some packing.  We will be moving in the summer, so I packed a few boxes of stuff that we won't be needing in the next three months.  And for those curious, we have no idea where we will be moving, just that we will not be staying at our current apartment.  We also took a walk outside and have been having some fun on the floor.  

Liam is growing fast.  He has gained some weight and grown in the past week.  He continues to love to chat when he is awake and he is getting to the stage where he is more curious about what is going on around him.  His awake time has lengthened to 1.5 hours, which is nice.  He also made some progress in the nap department.  He has only been taking about 40 minute naps, but this last week we started getting at least an hour and 10 minutes once a day.  He also surprised us with a couple of nights with a seven hour stretch.  His schedule, like the other two, is always changing.  I get a good routine down only to have him change it up the next week.  He is a champ at holding his head.  Remember my initial musings about time slipping by, well I realized that Liam is super close to the age of rolling.  In fact, Lila started rolling just a few weeks older than Liam is now.   

That's all from us!  

Comments