Back in action!

By the end of the day on Monday we were back in action.  The drywall people came and finished fixing the ceiling.  It marked the end of a really hard week and I am so glad that it is over.  I spent the rest of the week cleaning dust and vacuuming carpets.  All the toys are back in place and the kids couldn't be happier.

I asked Hyrum what he wanted to say and he responded that, "We had lots of fun!"  One of the joys of living closer to more kids is that we have more playdates.  We found a park within walking distance at a Methodist church.  They allow us to use it after preschool hours and we spent several days there this week playing, scootering, and just having fun.  On one of the days I just took the kids over and they had fun pushing each other.  It was nice to see them working and playing nicely...for once.


We also met some other kids that live in our complex that aren't members.  I think the kids are so starved socially that age boundaries are nonexistent.  Most of the kids Hyrum has played with are several years older than him, but everyone seems to be happy.  When we weren't playing, we ran errands.  There were some things we needed to do for the car.  It's funny how everywhere we go, everyone comments on how I have quite the crew with me (all three kids).  It always takes me off guard, because I don't consider three to be a lot.  A major plus to taking all the kids is they take pity and try to move things along, so we can leave faster, like at Discount Tire.  

Tim has enjoyed less interruptions from the kids while he sleeps during the day.  The master bedroom is on the third floor, so there isn't much reason for the kids to be up there.  It doesn't stop the noise, because he commented several times on who was screaming or having a harder day.  

The main offender is Liam.  He has decided that sleeping is for the birds.  We had a couple of naps over 50 minutes, but the rest where in the 32-45 minute range.  Nights aren't much better with him being up every couple of hours.  I am wondering if he is teething again because he has been drooling more than usual.  He is also five and half months, so maybe he is hitting a sleep regression early.  Despite not sleeping that much, he is still pretty happy.  We still have lots of smiles.  I wish I knew his secret!  He is a rolling machine.  He continues to roll any time he is on the floor.  I often look at him wondering how he got to where he is, because he ends up in locations far from where I put him.  He is also working on lifting his bum to the crawling position.  He doesn't much care for sitting as he likes to reach and grab for things.  


Lila had lots of fun playing in the sand, dirt, and water.  She gets so dirty!  A friend commented that she is sure a sensory kids and I would have to agree.  We continue to work with her on her pronunciation and we continue to have little wins.  She continues to be a mother hen to both the boys.

Until next week!

Comments