A little bit of everything!

Another summer week!  We had lots going on and seemed to be out every day.  I felt a little bad for Liam because he was not getting two solid naps a day, but it was all in the name of fun.  

Tim is on his special rotation.  His mentor was able to help him find times to work with many of the other doctors involved in the sports medicine program.  Tim described it as a two week interview.  He has enjoyed working in the clinics even if he was super tired.  This was also his week to flip his night schedule.  He spent a a lot of time waking up between 2-4 in the morning.  The nice thing is he has weekends off...kind of.  He went to a professional ultimate frisbee game (you'll have to ask him about it) on Saturday night, but had the day  with us.  He has a week and half left of being a second year resident.  I feel like our time has gone by so quickly, and I am grateful for it.  He was also officially called as the Sunday School President.  It was funny last week, because he was supposed to be called and they called his councilor, but not him.  The teachers were really confused, luckily I know both of them and was able to relay some concerns.  

The kids had a lot of outside time this week with friends.  We went to the Children's Museum again, but played in a completely different area that we had never been too.  He was a giant water and sand play area.  Lila enjoyed flitting around playing with the different types of water and Hyrum enjoyed digging in the sand creating new rivers.  He was COVERED in sand.  I tried to clean it off the best I could, but he still brought a lot home.  We also went to play with some neighbors in their backyard.  They had fun again playing with water and sand.

When it wasn't sunny and hot it was rainy and hot.  We had a couple of rain days as well.  We managed a few minutes of peace.  It was so surprising I thought to capture it.

Sometimes they play together nicely, but mostly I am breaking up fights and helping them use their words to tell each other their thoughts instead of their hands, feet, teeth, head, blankets, lids, and anything else they can get their hands on.  

One of the biggest things for the kids this week was attending primary.  This was our first week back with a full two hours.  Sacrament meeting was a little rocky.  I'm glad that Tim was there to help.  Lila went right into nursery.  Her teacher said she did great and even started talking by the end.  Hyrum did well.  We were talking about his primary class and he said that they sang one of his favorite Scripture Scout songs, We are the Church.  What he really meant was that HE sang the song for his teachers/class.  We had some pretty funny stories from his sunbeam teachers, so we will see if he has any one liners as a CTR 4.

Liam also surprised us with deciding that he doesn't need us to spend 10 minutes helping him fall asleep.  It is so nice to snuggle for a minute or two, lay him down, and leave.  I feel like my time is freeing up, because I am finding that I have more time to play with the kids.

Saturday was a busy day.  There is a family in our new ward that has an open door policy with their pool.  We took advantage of the pool and took the kids.  The older two did really well remembering swimming.  Liam had a blast being in the water.  We will definitely go back.  I think I will be able to handle it with just me, because Tim will be getting very busy in the coming weeks.

We also went to a double birthday party.  They kids enjoyed running around and eating sugar.  They also tried their hand at breaking a pinata.  A dad had to help the kids out, but once the candy went flying they were super happy.  



 I found some time to work on my talk.  I still need to finish it up this week, but I've made progress.  I also found out that I will be getting a calling.  There are a lot of vacancies, I'm just hoping that it isn't in the young woman's.  I'll happily do most anything else, but teenagers scare me.  It's probably because I was never really a good one.

Any who.  Next weeks adventure is the zoo.  We wanted to go last summer, but everything closed down.  With this potentially being our last summer here we wanted to do a couple of things before leaving.  We are also going to try to get to the beach, which will be an adventure!  Until then.

Comments