Summer Adventures!

We had a very adventurous week. The kids enjoyed plenty of sun and fun.  Mondays are back to recovery days.  Now that we are back to two hour church the kids (*cough* mom) need a recovery day.  Liam in particular because his naps are off if he even gets one.   

Tuesday, we went to the museum again and explored a new section.  There is so much to do and we haven't even made it to every section.  We still need to take a look at their wild animal section.  This time they had a blast digging for dinosaur bones.  Hyrum was very intent of finding something and dug for almost an hour leading the other kids.  It was good to see him working with others.  Lila did her own thing kind of watching the others.  Of the two Hyrum was into digging most.  Funny side note.  I was doing laundry and as I was switching laundry a bunch of pebbles fell on the floor.  After some digging (no pun intended) I found two pockets filled with remnants of the dino dig.  Try as I might, I just can't get them cleaned off!  Oh well, it's all in the name of fun.


Thursday, the kids and I ventured to the swimming pool.  We went with Tim last time and I was fairly confident that I would be able to manage.  I got Liam a cool floatie that allows him to be more on his stomach and he spent almost an hour floating, kicking, and splashing.  

Friday, the kids had their first experience with a sprinkler.  They enjoyed running and jumping through it and and true to my kids they wanted the water higher and faster.  There ended up being a good sized group of kids for them to play with, so they had lots of socializing.  The bonus was our neighbors hosted, so Liam got to take a nap while the older kids played.

Saturday, was our big adventure day.  We went to the zoo!  We had planned to go last summer, but everything shut down, so we made it happen.  It was a very long and exhausting day, but worth it.

The kids enjoyed running around and seeing the animals.  It was Lila's first time seeing the more exotic animals like flamingos and elephants.  She enjoyed getting close and watching.

We arrived right as they opened, so some of the animals weren't awake yet.  We were still able to see a wide variety.  I also forgot to bring sunscreen, but we were delighted with how shady the zoo was.  Pretty much all the walkways were covered, which was really nice around noon when it was getting really hot and humid.  

The kids were tuckered out.  Hyrum isn't actually asleep, but he was quiet for most of the hour and a half ride home, which NEVER happens.  


Liam continues to army crawl all over the place.  He has started crawling to me when he is sad or upset.  I'm usually in the kitchen and it's the most pitiful thing to watch as whimpers to me.  He finally had a food breakthrough.  We have been offering him whole foods instead of just pureed food.  He would put it in his mouth, but it was more like he thought it was a toy and not for eating.  I gave him a strawberry and boy did he start gumming it.  We gave him some watermelon as well and he really seemed to like it.  He definitely needed a bath after eating!

Tim had another successful week in Sports Medicine.  He enjoyed working in the variety of clinics and we enjoyed having him home before bed.  Next week he will officially be a third year resident.  He will also have a birthday that we will be able to celebrate.  We celebrated Father's day today with enchiladas and ice cream.  Aunt Erin sent a cool kids cookbook and Hyrum has been looking through it.  He found a shell chocolate sauce.  


He enjoyed making and eating it.

I spent naptimes working on my talk on the nature of God.  I enjoyed preparing it and I didn't pass out, so I am going to count it a success.  They ended up rescheduling my meeting for a calling, so I get to sit on pins and needles for another week.  Liam also made it through the night a couple of times.  He let me sleep a couple of nights from 11pm-7am.  A couple of other nights he fussed a couple of times during the night, but I used the "go to the bathroom before you go to the baby" trick and he fell back asleep by the time I was done.  I am really looking forward to building up my sleep reserves, so that I can start waking up earlier.

Next week should be pretty tame compared to this week.  We still have some fun things planned, but not as adventurous.  Until then!  

Comments