Summer Days!

We'll just start off with some cuteness this week.  The older two were playing wolf mountain climbers and we didn't want Liam to be left out.  He left it on for a good while, and it did my heart good.  So. Cute!
 
I suppose we can shake things up a bit and Liam can go first this week.  He has made some great improvements in the sleeping department.  I think he is finally giving up his third nap which is making bedtime smoother.  He has also decided to sleep longer at night.  We even had a seven our stretch, which was amazing.  I love that he is sleep longer and I can't wait until my body adjusts to sleeping in longer stretches too.  He is an army crawling master!  All dangerous toys much be off the floor now.  I warned the older to that it was coming, but I don't think they took me seriously.  They spent a lot of time this week cleaning up after themselves and doing a double check to make sure all the little pieces were cleaned up.  He is so fast.  He is also practicing getting onto his knees to crawl.  It wouldn't surprise me if he started crawling in the next few weeks.  He has also perfected the /ma/ sound and will repeat it at the top of his lungs.  He tried bananas this week, which didn't seem to sit too well.  He does seem to be wanted to eat more food, which is always exciting.

We are super proud of Hyrum.  He is an official Preschool graduate.  He made more than a years growth participating in Waterford.  It is so fun to have him reading and asking complex math questions.  Well, not so much the math questions.  Frequently I hear, "Well, dad knows."  It won't be long and he is doing math in his head better than I can.  He also shot some hoops this week.  Well, at least tried.  After observing his efforts, I informed Tim that he needed to step up his man game, because we've already decided I throw like a girl.

He has also decided that he wants to play more with Liam...whether Liam wants to or not.  He is discovering that babies don't always follow the rules.  It's fun to watch them play.  Hopefully, as Liam gets more sturdy it will continue.

We'll move right into Lila.  We were invited to the Children's Museum again and the kids had a blast playing with other kids.  We ran into several families from our ward and judging by the number of hellos, I suspect there were a good number of LDS families there from other Durham wards.  It was a great way to pass the day and get out in between rainy days.

Lila continues to practice her jumping.  She is ever competitive with Hyrum and wants to do what he does.  Sometimes it's okay and other's not so much.  She just doesn't understand that she's only 2 and not twelve.  Despite that she loves to help stir and do laundry and help with Liam.  For now is great with going to grab things I forgot upstairs.  I seriously get it now!

Tim has been on nights.  It always gets harder the further into the week we go.  He will finish this coming week and move into several weeks of working with sports medicine doctors.  He will also take some time to finish up applications and get everything in order, so he can submit this summer.  

I kept up with the kids and found some time to work on my talk.  It's been fun to think about my topic, which is the nature of Heavenly Father.  It's extremely broad and I'm having a hard time narrowing it down.  I have a couple of weeks yet, so hopefully things will come together.  

Until next week!

Comments