Where to begin!

I think this photo best describes our day.


Hyrum isn't trying to be funny, but I needed a laugh today.  We stayed home from church, so we didn't share the germs.  It was hard keeping the kids occupied and not interacting with anyone.  After many nose wipes, he discovered that by corking his nostrils he didn't have to wipe as often.  He woke up in the middle of the night saying his nose was running and by morning the oldest two were full blown sick and I think Liam and I are getting sick.  I'm hoping it won't be too, bad, but if it is, I am really hoping that they are well enough to go the ward activity this weekend.  I am so excited.  This will be the first ward activity that we have been to since Christmas of 2019.

Tim spent Monday and Tuesday working with Sports docs.  He also attended some clinical thing (it's hard to keep track of) in the evening.  He had Wednesday completely off, so he worked on applications.  It's really hard to stay focused at home and it would have been nice if we still lived across from the church for him to go there.  We also celebrated his birthday on Wednesday with pizza and ice cream.  We made homemade Oreo ice cream that was super tasty.  Unfortunately, the rest of the week for Tim has been less than fun.  Thursday, was the first day of the new residency year.  Worst. Birthday. Ever.  Well, at least it seems that way to me.  All the interns need to get their footing and find out where the printer and stapler is, which makes for a hectic day.  As of right now he isn't scheduled for a day off until July 4th.  He's going to need some extra sleep!

Our week wasn't nearly as busy has it has been the past few weeks.  We didn't go to the museum or swimming due to weather.  We did take lots of walks and enjoyed some cooler weather.  The kids enjoyed helping to make Tim's ice cream and pizza.  They also helped make and eat some banana bread. We made our weekly library trip to get our load.  It's so nice that we can check out more than 10 books at a time.  Liam needs to learn to walk fast because we're up to two large canvas bags for books.  I'm getting a workout with books and a baby!

Lila is getting into wrestling with Hyrum.  Hyrum is very big and strong, and Lila surprisingly holds her own.  She loves to ride the horse (Hyrum) and the horse (Hyrum) actually enjoys it.  Oh, to be young and not feel it in the knees.  She has also discovered ring around the rosy.  They get out of hand quickly, go figure.  I have to keep a sharp eye out because Liam is all over the place and if he/we aren't careful he'll find himself in the middle of the madness.  Story, the older two were getting crazy playing horse and I went to help them calm down.  It took a moment to register they were both sitting on him because I couldn't really see him at the bottom of the pile.  Poor Liam was so confused and luckily not hurt.  The kids going to need to toughen up fast.

He has started to try to move from the laying position to the sitting position.  He still can't sit unattended, because he's too busy exploring.  He has figured out doors and will push or pull it open if it's left ajar, so he can sneak in to explore.  He also learned to knock down block towers and knock buckets over to see what's inside.

I was so proud of Hyrum this week.  He has struggled with a little boy in our ward.  They somehow got off on the wrong foot and haven't been able to get along.  It was very surprising, because Hyrum loves anyone or thing that will talk or play with him.  We have been talking and talking about how to be a friend, how to find things we have in common, and role playing.  Well, they happened to both be at the same playdate and after circling for a few minutes found common ground digging a hole under the fence of the dog park.  While not ideal for dogs, I'm so pleased that Hyrum was able find common ground (pun intended).

I found myself with a little extra time since I finished my talk.  It was nice to not be rushing to get everything done, so I could squeeze in some time for a talk.  I did get a calling this week in the Primary Presidency.  It should be fun.  I don't really know the president, but her husband is in medical school.  Hopefully, between myself and my friend/old college roommate who was also just called into the presidency, we'll be able to lift some of the load.

He's to a healthier week!   

Comments