Colds all around!

We started off the week with everyone sick.  As I mentioned last week, Hyrum and Lila were sick starting on Sunday.  Liam and I couldn't seem to decide to get sick or not.  We both had a little bit of a runny nose and I think I heard Liam cough once.  Very confusing.  The older two didn't start getting better until Wednesday.  We still stayed home because of coughing and runny noses.  By Saturday we were all sick of in the house, but everyone was well enough to go to the ward activity...more on that later.

Tim had a long exhausting week.  They new interns needed lots of extra support and he didn't get a day off until today, so he clocked over 100 hours this past week.  It's just one of those things that happens and there is no way around it.  He said the interns were doing loads better by the end of the week.  Everyone was super happy to see him this morning.

We did a small celebration with the kids today with just a few fireworks.  One of the bigger ones was too loud for Liam and he started crying.  The older two enjoyed playing with sparklers, but needed some reminders on how to do it.  Like don't hold the part that lights up and it's no fun to just stand with it you have to move around.  Of course we did the requested hot dogs.  One of these days I'll have to "guide" the kids to expand their holiday palates. 

We also did a red, white, and blue plate.  This is probably my favorite picture.  Liam's face is classic.  He loves to scrunch his nose and I think it's adorable.

Honestly, we just survived this week.  There was lots of fussing and tired kids.  It's no fun to be sick and when you're sick you don't sleep well...it's just a vicious cycle.  I was praying hard the kids would be better for the ward activity.  We haven't been to an activity since December of 2019, so we (I) were ready to gather.  We were told there was a slip and slide for the kids and I was thinking it was a plastic sheet, but no this ward believes in going big or going home!


Hyrum was all over it.  He wolfed down his breakfast, so he could jump in line.  He had no trouble getting up and down.  Lila needed assistance, so Liam and I helped her climb up.  I tried to get down in time to get good pictures and videos, but once she was up, she didn't waste much time in sliding down.  They had a lot of fun and didn't want to leave.  I even managed to talk to a couple of people.  Tim was at work, so I was flying solo trying to help kids.

The kids were happy to be back at church.  They are doing better every week with being reverent.  It's such a slow process with remembering how to behave.  This was also a first week back without masks, so the kids have to learn how to be even quieter because the masks aren't there to muffle their voice.  I am just grateful they are so good at going to primary.  

Speaking of primary, it was my first time in primary.  I do love the kids!  It went well and there will be a learning curve, things are very different from when I was in last.  

Liam continues to practice sitting and moving from the floor to a sitting position.  He is also getting better at standing and crawling over legs.  He is doing so well, that I felt like I needed to move his crib down just to be safe.  He continues to explore food and his vocal skills.  He is discovering the big kid toys.  He likes the tools and really anything he can get his hands on.  This last week he didn't do so well with naps due to sickness.


 I'll end with a story.  Wednesday night I was running up and down the stairs doing the bedtime routine and came down to water coming down from the ceiling...again.  It was super stressful because I was envisioning our last flood.  Luckily, it didn't last long.  I put the trash under it to catch the water and called the emergency maintenance.  They came out and couldn't figure it out, because we didn't have any water running except for a plugged tub for baths.  We did however find that the AC was out.  We went without air until Friday evening.  I was grateful for the air, because it was very hot at night.  They still couldn't figure out why we had a leak and said to keep an eye out.  Well, later that night we solved the mystery.  During baths, water started running from the ceiling again.  I ran upstairs to find Hyrum with the water on and a cup covering the faucet.  After talking with him, I'm pretty sure he was doing the same thing on Wednesday.  Hopefully, we won't have water running from the ceiling anymore.  

Just another week in the life of the Zimmerman family!

Comments