So hot!

Mercy!  The temperature is rising.  We had some really hot days this week.  The humidity has been high as well, so we have been getting more thunderstorms. Thank goodness for pools.  We met up with some friends at the pool on Monday.  I wish we could have made it more, but it just didn't happen.

Tim was on his recovery week.  I feel like he is getting better at flipping his schedule, not that it is ever easy.  Maybe by the time he finished residency he'll figure it out.  He spent the majority of his time off working on his fellowship application, which is officially in!  It's crazy to think that in six months our fates will be sealed.  He fit in some time to play with the kids, which they are always happy for more dad time.  I haven't figured out exactly with his schedule is next week (I don't think he really knows either).  He'll be doing rheumatology.

Hyrum continues to explore his new reading powers.  He is working on book three in the Magic Tree House series and has discovered that he can read the children's scriptures on his own.  It's so fun to see the world open up to him.  The only downside is that I can't skip words to conserve time while reading.  He catches me and tells me that I have forgotten some words/whole pages.  When not reading, he was legoing.  Not sure if it's a word, but it is now.  He saw a dragon lego creation that was really cool.  He realized that he didn't have the set, so he went about creating one of his own using what he had.  I thought it turned out well.     

Hyrum was also invited to a late night movie night.  Lila and I walked him over to the party.  It was really cute to hear the two say good night to each other.  There wasn't a whole lot of cuteness between the two this week, meaning there was lot so fighting and yelling.  Hyrum enjoyed eating popcorn and watching a movie.  It was tons of fun and he wants to do it again.


Lila enjoyed dressing up this week, coloring, and cutting.  She is starting to get better at pretending.  She is still hard to understand some times, so when she "hands" me something I have a hard time playing along because I have no idea what I was handed.  Both kids are enjoying playing with Liam more.  The dressed him up and he just explored the dress-up clothes.  They got a little rough with him this week and he ended up conking his head pretty hard.  Lila is getting better at remembering to grab under his arms, so no more choke holds!  

Liam continues to explore his world.  He is working on pulling himself up to a standing position.  We also started working with him on bye bye.  He is getting the hand motion down and is still working on the word.  I feel like his language skills will be somewhere between Hyrum and Lila.  He had his first smoothie this week.  He really enjoyed it.  He is doing so well with feeding himself.  Oh, and of course he turned 8 months this week.

My big thing this week was getting my hair cut...without the kids!  It had been a really long time and Tim was home in the evenings.  He did dinner and baths one night, so I could run to get it cut.  It's nice having short hair again, so much easier to wash and fix.  I guess the second big thing was getting a giant stack of books from the library.  We just switched to Durham's library, so I have been going through my list of authors to see what they have.  I scored big!

Any who, here's to another week! 

 

Comments