The week of the Liam!

We had a very busy week.  The kids were healthy, so we tried getting out more than we did last week.  We had some big milestones this week, so let's get started!

Tim worked nights this week.  He had some really busy nights, and a patient pass.  I can't say for certain, because Tim and I haven't really had a chance to sit and talk this week, but I think weeks like this are draining.  It's hard to try have super sick patients and not have really anything you can do for them except help them be comfortable and families come to terms.  Two more nights and then he gets a break!

Monday I took all the kids to the pool for a birthday party.  One of Hyrum's friends turned four and they decided to beat the heat and party at the pool.  The kids had fun, but I was a little frazzled.  The pool was much bigger than where we normally swim, so I was at one end with the younger two and Hyrum was all over the place.  Periodically, Liam and I would swim to Hyrum because he was getting too crazy and bumping into other people.  We had to leave because Liam was getting fussy and Hyrum decided he didn't want to leave, so he jumped back in without his floaty.  He was fine, but very dramatically spitting out water and bemoaning his experience all the way to the car.  Lila and Liam are little fishes in the water.  I really love the floatie we got Liam.  He rests more on his stomach, so he can kick and splash.  

Tuesday we went to the Durham library to get our library card.  It's always exciting getting a library card.  They are still very strict with covid policies.  We had our temps taken and had to answer all the questions.  All librarians were double masked and wearing gloves, but it was still great to have a whole knew selection of books!  Hyrum also got his first library card.  He was so pumped to check out books on his card.  He also started reading chapter books this week.  We started him on Magic Tree House.  They are a little hard yet, but he gets most of the words.  He is doing so well with his reading.  We especially love how he is able to read the scriptures.  He has been reading the kids scriptures, but I'm debating on whether or not to get him some real scriptures.  We are sure proud of him.  

Lila is ever the mother hen.  Liam is getting stronger and more durable, so I have been letting up on how much I let the kids hold and carry him.  Lila has enjoyed her new found power to lift and hold Liam.  She is ALWAYS trying to help and do things.  

Wednesday evening I had a presidency meeting over zoom.  It's been a while since I have been in a Primary presidency, so I needed to brush up on all the changes and get reacquainted with the Primary machine.  There are so many moving parts and those moving parts of opinions!

Friday I ran some errands for Primary and Saturday we went swimming again at our normal location.  It went much better.

Now you may be wondering why this was the week of the Liam, so let's talk about cuteness!  We had huge developmental changes.  Liam has been working on moving from the floor to a sitting position.  He can't sit by himself, well I guess I should say couldn't because I was working in the kitchen and Hyrum shouted that Liam was sitting all by himself.  Sure enough, he got himself in the sitting position and sitting like a champ.  From there we moved to crawling over obstacles.  He isn't afraid to climb over legs or toys to get what he wants.  Well, that led to him pulling himself to his knees.  We had to make some changes after that to keep him from the legos.  He isn't quite ready for those yet.    


By the end of the week, I also moved him to his big boy chair.  Lila got to move to Hyrum's old booster seat.  Liam is happy as can be in his chair.  He continues to do well with sleeping.  He usually wakes up around 10 pm and then sleeps until about 7 in the morning.  I feel like I am starting to catch up on some much needed sleep.  He also figured out how to say "dada" this week.  He is getting more verbal and trying different sound combinations.  
Next week he will be eight months!  Until then!

Comments