We made it!

It was one of those weeks.  The ones where you are so glad when it is over, so you can try again and hopefully it will be better.  We made it and now we can start over next week!

Tim worked in an out patient clinic this week.  He mixed in a presentation to teach his fellow residents about elbows and working a day in the sports medicine clinic.  He was home most evenings at a decent time.  I always enjoy an extra pair of hands for bedtime.

Hyrum had a hard week.  Surly is probably the best way to describe him.  Lots of strong emotions, asserting his dominance, and just plain ignoring everything but what he wanted.  There was lots of heading butting and I think it's safe to say that it ended in a stale mate...grrrr.  He continues to read his chapter books and enjoys creating and imagining.  He also got to do two playdates this week, which was a nice break.

Lila had her first ice cream cone.  We have ice cream frequently, just never in a cone.  Both kids enjoyed the novelty.


Lila is getting into imaginative play.  She has started being more creative with Hyrum and is understanding how to create a storyline and play it out.  She has also started reading stories.  She isn't one to be read to, but she is starting to tell the story by looking at the pictures.  She also continues to enjoy mothering Liam...and Hyrum.  She frequently does things for Hyrum like putting away his clothes and putting toothpaste on his toothbrush.   

Liam has made some amazing jumps this week.  He learned how to stand up!  He's been practicing with the pews at church and now pulls himself up on anything that he can get a good grip.  The tub is my least favorite place he pulls himself up.  He finally got the hang of sucking water.  We have been working with him and he just hasn't picked up a water cup like the other two, no matter what type of cup we used.  He also learned the more sign.  I typically teach the kids just a few signs to make my life easier and he totally picked up the more sign.  I thought he was done eating one day, so started cleaning up.  I turned to look at him and he did the sign for more food.  He was very pleased to get more food.  He just continues to explore his world!

We did a family adventure to a new park.  I think it is our new favorite.  There were so many things to climb on...think ninja warrior!



My adventure of the week was bouldering.  I used to go rock climbing, but haven't been is ages.  A new friend from church stopped me last week and asked if I wanted to go.  We both went and had a blast.  I'm pretty sure the guy running the front desk came back to check on the old ladies to make sure we weren't going to hurt ourselves.  I woke up sore this morning knowing exactly which of my muscles were weakest.

Until next week!



 

Comments