And Just Like That...

 There wasn't much happening this week, but it sure felt busy.  Liam was our main busy boy.  He's been army crawling for a couple of months now and one day this week he just figured it out and now he is crawling.  He isn't perfect at it, but does a mix of army and regular crawling.


Tim was in an out patient clinic this week and will move to the hospital next week doing emergency medicine.  He will be have a wonky schedule doing shift work that will mainly put him working from afternoon until late at night.  We enjoyed having him home in the evenings this week.  He was able to get home before dinner on a couple of days and have more play time with the kids.  

Hyrum continues to push the boundaries and assert his independence and agency.  It's still frustrating, but we have basically started a behavior plan with him.  We have done something like this in the past and it kind of worked.  We finally received word of the kinder schedule.  We still don't know exactly what day he will start, but they said it would be by name and I am guessing that he will be on the last day due to the "Z."  He started writing some stories this week, which he hasn't done in a while.  He has amazing writing skills that have come a long way.

Lila has started scrubbing dishes.  Usually, I don't like her playing in the sink, because she plays in the water and drinks/licks dirty dishes.  Well, I guess she has seen me scrub dishes enough that she has started scrubbing them and setting them aside to be loaded in the dishwasher.  I am definitely okay with that!  Lila was also my dress shopping buddy this week...more on that later.

As mentioned earlier, Liam started crawling this week.  He also explored different sounds and is rocking his pincer grasp.  I started giving smaller pieces of food like peas and he does really well with grabbing and putting it in his mouth.  He struggled with naps this week, but I think he has some teeth working their way in.  They definitely moved down more in his gum line, but have yet to make an appearance. 

Besides keeping up with the kids, I went on a massive dress hunt.  I had previously looked and found a dress for Brian's wedding, but it definitely didn't fit.  I went out three different times and looked in about 20 different stores.  Lila went with me to the last mall.  We were heading out to the car and I just happened to look in the window of a random store.  We went in and I found not one but two and a decent price.  Lila was my good luck charm!  I also had a primary presidency meeting.   

Our family adventure of the week was a pool party.  We are blessed to be friends with people who are social and plan things.  One of our friends decided to do a short notice party with food.  The kids had a blast swimming and then eating outside.  They were all exhausted and slept well.  

Until next week!


Comments