My baby's all grown up!

He's off to kindergarten!  I can't believe he's in school.  He was so ready for school all week and when Friday came he was ready to hop on that bus.  We had a meet the teacher on Wednesday.  We were able to meet his teacher and found out that a neighbor girl who is also a member will be in his class.  I went out to get his school supplies and yep went to two different stores and Amazon to get everything.  Apparently, after last year's surplus this year they didn't have enough.  We have been practicing getting up and going to the bus stop for about two weeks, so Friday morning he knew exactly what to do.  Tim had to work, but was able to help Hyrum and try getting a picture.  The kid is still working on smiling.  We have about 30 pictures of him doing everything but smiling, so I put up one of the funnier ones.    

He jumped right on the bus and drove off to school.  Nothing like ripping the band-aid off for mom.  It all happened so fast...a hug and a wave and he was gone.  Lila said it best about 10 seconds after he left, "I miss Hyrum."  I got to consul myself by stalking his bus with the district's nifty app.  I know exactly when he got to school and when he left in the afternoon.  

We all kind of wandered around on Friday.  Lila didn't have to share toys, but didn't have a buddy to play with.  It was freeing to have one less kid and amazing how much quieter things are when you take one out of the bunch.  I found myself with an extra hour, so the kids and I went for a walk.  At 3pm I started stalking his bus.  The driver switched the route a little, so the kids and I had to run to the stop to get him.  He was all smiles getting off the bus.  He seemed to love the songs and art.  Playing soccer was fun as well.  I also got to hear all about his jump rope fight as well (insert forehead slap).  We celebrated with waffles with ice cream on top.  He is ready to go back on Monday to meet the rest of his class.  They split the kids into two groups to ease them into all day kinder.

Lila is finally sitting to let me read her stories!  I am so excited!  I've read Go, Dog, Go and the Cat and the Hat like ten times in the last few days, but I don't care.  She was never one to sit and look at books, and she has preferred to just look at pictures by herself and will run away if Tim or I try to look with her.  It's magical to see kids begin loving stories.  She continues to love to put on our shoes.  I was able to snap a picture of her in mine.  She actually does well in heels. While Hyrum was gone we colored together, went for a walk, cleaned together, watched/played with Liam, cooked, and she had plenty of quiet time.  We will be starting her preschool next week with just a few minutes of introduction and then some stories. 

Liam had another big week.  He learned to clap.  I have been working with him, but he has struggled to open his hands.  He just started doing it at dinner one night and has enjoyed it ever since.  He struggled with naps again.  I really think his teeth are giving him go of it.  He is generally happy, but his naps are too short and tends to get cranky at dinner.  He also got to play with a box for the first time.  He enjoyed the ride.

I took the older two to the temple today as part of FHE.  I tried to recreate their picture from two years ago, but it's super hard to get both kids to smile and look at you at the same time.  We enjoyed walking around the temple.  Lila had discovered the moon.  It has been out during the day and she was fixated on finding it.  At the temple she found the moon on one side and then on the side and insisted that she found two moons.  It was really cute.


 Tim spent part of the week recovering from nights and part working. He had physicals in the evening on Wednesday night, a soccer game on Thursday night, and worked in his clinic on Friday.  He has a mix of clinic and hospital next week before doing two weeks of specials which is a much lighter schedule.  He to the kids of a bike ride and played outside with them.  We all went for a swim on Saturday.  It had been over a month due to Hyrum's stitches and scheduling.  It was fun to go back.

I'm looking forward to a week of not running around to multiple stores multiple times a week trying to find everything for school.  I'm also looking forward to preschool with Lila.  I didn't really teach much this last year due to Liam, but I'm excited for that one on one time with her.  I was also able to sneak in an evening walk with a friend.  We've been trying to coordinate for a while now and it finally worked out for us.

Here's to another week of school!

Comments