The Honeymoon is over!

This week was marked with periods of call and periods of crazy.  I feel like that is going to be our new norm.  

Tim was busy working in an ortho clinic and covering for someone in the hospital.  I also had a soccer game that he got to attend.  There wasn't any exciting injuries, just some good soccer. He continues to prepare for interviews.  He has four set up so far and he should be hearing from some more in the next couple of weeks.  We hasn't yet heard from UNC, but hopefully we will soon.

The title of this week's blog refers to Hyrum.  We had a run of four days of loving school and then the pull of legos won.  He does really well with getting ready in the mornings.  He has always been an early riser, so that is something in our favor.  Thursday I made the mistake of letting him play with legos because he was ready so early.  He didn't want to leave his legos to go to the bus.  I had to practically push him on the bus and he was crying all the way to school.  I was in contact with his teacher and was told that he was able to to calm himself down and had a great rest of the day, which is a huge relief.  Bad mornings usually mean bad days.  Friday I was smart and put the legos up high and played it cool until it was time for the bus.  But, he instantly ran away and locked himself in the bedroom.  Well, I got his door unlocked and drove him right to school.  Again, the teacher said he was fine.  Hyrum can no longer lock his door and I will be be grabbing his hand to walk him to the bus from now on.  That evening as we were chatting before prayers he said, "Mom you battled me."  I was really confused and asked for clarification.  He said, "I never want to do to school, but you always want me to, and you always win!"  That's right, mom always wins!

We made sure he got lots of lego time this weekend.  We also checked out a nifty little lego creation book from the library.  He set his sights on a playground scene.  There is a seesaw, merry-go-round, park bench, and a slide.  I'm super proud of the slide, because I did it!  Not bad for a non-lego person.

Lila enjoyed lots of free time.  We have been able to play more together and go on walks which is nice.  I was also able to take her and Liam swimming in the morning with a couple of other families.  She can also be a handful.  Case and point.  She decided that it would be cool to marker up her lips and teeth.  This wasn't was after a good scrub.  Think bright blue lips and teeth.  Someone lost the markers.  I always have to be careful with her.  She tends to get into trouble that Hyrum never did. 


This will be a big week for her.  We will officially start preschool.  I love doing a treat along with our letter, so this week we are going to make some apple crisp.  We are going to start slow, because this week she is also going to potty train.  I was going to do it next week, but with Hyrum I decided to get the hardest day over with when he is home and I am not having to chase him to the bus.  Everyone say a little prayer for Lila, because she goes back and forth between being excited and being adamant about keeping those diapers.  Lila also turns 3!  I'm super excited for her.  She decided on a purple cake and purple frosting.  I find it really funny, because both Hyrum and Tim are going to have a lesson on being happy for others and going along with their special birthday wishes.  Tim looked at me right after he found out what Lila wanted and said, "It's a small cake right?"  Lila has to go along with everyone else's plans most of the time and if she wants purple on her birthday...purple she shall get!

Liam is a cutie.  He continues to move and explore.  He loves going up the stairs supervised.  He's very coordinated and can do it fast.  I started working with him going down on his belly.  I figured it's never too early to start teaching him to go down especially since we have two flights of stairs.  This week I started him on meat.  He did really well with small chunks of chicken.  I try to really limit his wheat because he still has some issues.  Well, he did.  The past few days he decided that 4 am is the best time for a bowel movement...not cool.  We are still taking it slow with lots of fruits and veggies to keep him loose.  He also finally figured out how to work a sippy cup, and he is getting water.  We've tried a variety of things, but nothing really worked, but he magically figured it out.

I spent my week trying not to panic with Hyrum and being super relaxed with only two kids who both still take a nap.  It's so amazing what one can get done with out helpers or constant interruptions.  I also organized our primary teachers and subs for the upcoming teacher council meeting.  This week I will help tackle the primary closets.  There is a lot of disorganization, so we are going to try to fix that.  

Here's to a week of getting kids to school without tears!

Comments