Sniffles all around!

We started off the week feeling well and moving along, but ended the week with colds all around.  I feel like we are in a good routine for school.  Hyrum is really good at getting ready.  I still have to stay on him lest he chatter the morning away.  Usually, when I say the bus is at the first stop he really kicks it into gear.  He is doing well in school and sees to be okay with it.  I couldn't ask for more.  I have a meeting with his teacher tomorrow.  It will be interesting to be on the other side of the table.  

The weather has been really nice this week.  I took the younger two on a a walk just before lunch and it was 73 and perfect.  All the kids got outside to play with the neighbors at the beginning of the week.  Hyrum held strong, so he was able to do his playdate at a friend's house on Friday.  Saturday afternoon his nose started running.  I took him to get a covid test, because I figured he wouldn't be able to go to school on Monday and for him to go back he has to have a negative covid test.  It's negative, so hopefully he will go back on Tuesday.  

Lila enjoy plenty of outside time.  She is getting really good at finding letters we have talked about or letters associated with names.  She still struggles to remember what to call them, but she will say that's Lila and Liam's letter or that's Becky's letter.  She was full of silliness this week.  She decided to stick herself with stickers and I spent the rest of the day finding her favorites that had fallen off and the rest of the week picking them off the carpet.  Oh, well...all in the name of fun.  I was working in the kitchen doing my thing and turned around to discover little fingers sticking out of the cupboards.  I then heard her sing her favorite song, Peace in Christ.  It was really cute.  


 Poor Liam got the worst of the colds.  He started getting sick on Wednesday and has spent the week with a really wet cough and a runny nose.  He hasn't been sleeping well, which means I haven't been sleeping well.  He's been really grouchy when he wakes up and will spend a good 10-15 minutes rolling around on the floor refusing to be held.  After he really wakes up he has been happier.  He and Lila have been playing more.  I always worry about him getting hurt.  The older two can be aggressive  and not watch out for him.  He on the other hand just dives right in whenever he see action happening.  He hasn't learned to be afraid of them.  He is also doing really well with standing.  He is getting better and better at just standing, but still won't take those first steps.  Cutest thing ever!  Hyrum rides the bus and as a kindergartener it's required that an adult be present for AM/PM.  Liam typically comes with me unless he is sleeping.  He has learned the bus sound and perks up when he hears it.  The second it turns the corner his hand goes up and he is saying hi.  It's super cute how excited he gets.  The bus driver thinks he's adorable and she is right!


Tim was able to work with a sport's medicine and a concussion doctor this week.  He also worked a soccer game.  He is preparing for his third interview this week.  He has most of it off, but I believe I heard there was another game at some point.

I stayed busy with sick kids, extra cooking, and helping sister in our ward look for housing.  This coming week will be busy because we have Halloween coming up.  I also finally found material for Liam's baby blanket.  His birthday is coming right up and I haven't even started it!  Here's to another busy week.

Comments