Fall!

We had beautiful fall weather this week.  We are still suffering some cold side effects.  Lila is pretty much over her cough, but Hyrum still has a runny nose and cough.  The poor kid has had three covid tests in the last two weeks...all were negative. 

Tim was back in the hospital working very long hours.  He didn't get home before nine at all this week, so the kids didn't really get to see him much.  The service he is on is a hard one and some of his interns are struggling, but overall Tim seems to be taking it in stride...like usual.  He is also prepping for his last interview in Memphis next weekend.  It requires a little more planning because it's in person.

Hyrum is officially in pants.  He has been very interested in weather and always asks if it's going to be warm or cool.  He enjoyed school this week and riding the bus.  He just had a really great week in general.  Usually, we have daily battles with fussing about school/life, sibling fights, or just craziness.  Perhaps it was the weather, but he was very agreeable and actually played with Lila.  I love this side of him and it makes not having Tim around so much easier.

Lila enjoyed finding red leaves this week.  She also enjoyed her legos.  She has been creating different things with her set.  Usually, she does some sort of organizing like connecting all like colors (girl after my own heart!).  This week she made a nice pasture and fence for her horse.  She still enjoys preschool and always asks when it's her turn.  


Liam just might be the death of me!  I'm pretty sure I've said that at some point, probably multiple times, with all the kids.  But, I really mean it with him.  This week he found and dumped oats and dish soap, as well as unloaded my cupboards approximately two gazillion times daily.  By the end of the week, chairs where blocking all cupboards.  But, man is he cute!  I had a lady stop me after church and thank me for letting him play peek a boo with her during sacrament meeting.  I had no idea, because it wasn't the best Sunday for the other two.  Peek a boo is his game.  He plays it all the time and loves it.  I've also been working with him on eating more adult food, meaning instead of separating out each ingredient, he gets what we eat.  He is taking to it nicely.  This week he had pomegranates and French toast.  He's also decided that naps are for the birds and that he no longer needs them.  


I was pretty busy helping a sister I minister to.  I met with her twice this week, both times trying to help her with her finances.  We also ran errands and I did some sewing for Lila.  She has discovered sewing and how it fixes things.  She now insists that holes be sewn.  I'm going to say it's a good thing, because it helps me to stay on top of mending.  I'm sure there were other things that I am forgetting, but that's all my brain can remember.  

Until next week!

Comments