Happy December!

 December is here!  Although it didn't feel much like it this week.  We were hovering in the low 70s and all I could think was, should I break out the shorts again?  The leaves are falling in heavily.  The breeze makes the fly and the kids love watching them from the widows.  The week went by quickly, so let's get started.

Tim had the first part of the week off and now is ending the week on nights.  He flipped the other resident that he was sharing the nights with, so we have two more nights and then he will be back on days.  I think he will be a reading week, which means he will be home, but not home.  If I'm wrong, he'll probably text me as soon as I post.  He probably gets really tired of repeating his schedule, but I just can't keep track of it!  He enjoyed seeing where his fellow residents matched for fellowship.  I think he was a little jealous that he has to wait an extra month, but the time is going quickly.

Liam is well...Liam.  He is a happy boy, when he isn't teething.  He finally had his eighth tooth come in.  We have lots of short terrible naps and usually a night with him waking up screaming for an hour or so and then his tooth finally cuts the gum.  I'm already terrified for molars.  He wakes up really grouchy and spends several minutes arching his back and rolling around on the ground...very dramatic!  He bounces out of it and is fine, but there is nothing to be done for him until he decides that he is happy.  He continues to work on his walking skills.  I would say this week he worked most of pivoting while standing.  He also continues to chatter and practice sounds.  He has been working on boo and we have heard him imitate the sounds for Hyrum, Lila, more, and thank you.  He doesn't understand, but it sure is fun to hear the sounds.  He had his first cookie this week.  He likes ginger snaps.  All the kids do, which does my heart good, because I love them!


Lila is getting better at being a helper.  She is still in the way sometimes, but I think she is learning.  She is always imitating what she sees me doing.  Tonight we had a first with her.  She was upstairs with Tim while he was getting ready for work.  She saw our trash was full in the bathroom and according to Tim she said that it needed to go and brought it down to the big trash.  She is always mothering other kids, giving them a push on their bikes or running after the littles to give them a pat.  She is getting so big.  She came to visit primary for the first time this week.  She will be a sunbeam in a few short weeks leaving her nursery days behind.  

Hyrum had a good week at school.  He seems to be doing well with being at school for so long.  I am grateful for it, because some of the other kids are struggling with the long days.  We had a really hard go if it at the beginning of school, but he seems to be okay with it, which is all I ask.  He continues to learn social skills and navigating those situations.  He is also getting better with playing with Lila.  They had quite the Lego party this morning.  We had Legos all over the floor and it kept them entertained for hours.    
With the weather so nice outside we had lots of playdates and a lunch picnic outside.  We also had several indoor playdates.  We are lucky to have so many kids so close.  While most of the playdates were for Lila, Hyrum more than made up for it on Saturday.  He started outside at about 11:30 with a friend.  After a couple of hours, he asked if they could play inside.  They played for a couple more hours until the friend had to go home.  Hyrum then transferred outside again to play with a different group until dinner.  Boundless energy!  Lila and I ran extra errands this week.  She seems to enjoy going and I like her going.  I don't feel like I get to spend one on one time with her out of the apartment.  With covid she didn't get to experience a lot of normal things like Hyrum did.  I am happy to report she will go in elevators now and likes escalators.  I'm guessing this coming week will be full as well.  Until then!

Comments