The Christmas Countdown!

What a week!  It seems the closer we get to Christmas the crazier things get.  I make the mistake of thinking I am done and can focus on Christ with the kids, but then something else comes up.  

We had another week of amazing weather.  I managed to get the kids to the park a couple of times.  Tim was also able to play outside with them a time or two even though he was in the clinic.  He followed a PT person this week.  It was an elective week, and he decided that he wanted to see what he was sending his patients to do.  He seemed to enjoy it, but failed to learn how to relieve knots in shoulders.  I specifically requested he learn, but it didn't happen.  

  

Hyrum enjoyed school.  It was an exciting week leading up to their class Christmas party.  I always enjoyed the Christmas party.  I know I've mentioned this before, but everything is more magically when you involve kids.  He had a week off of homework, which was awesome.  The bus driver also switched the route, so Hyrum was on of the first stops.  It meant I was running to the bus stop a couple of days, but those extra 30 minutes were like gold!  And remember how he had the week off of homework...well his teacher sent home a very large packet of homework to do over the break.  WHO.  DOES. THAT!  Any who, we'll get it done...grudgingly.

Lila had fun running errands with me this week.  We decided to do stockings for a family in the ward, so she got to come with me to get some of things.  We waited on some of the larger items for Saturday, so Tim could do it with us.  It was difficult for the kids, because of course they wanted everything.  They had trouble understanding that some don't have toys like they do, so we had a lot of conversations about charity and we try to be like Jesus.  I'm not sure it sank in, but I enjoyed it.  We also did the letter 'L' this week.  We had a little friend come over to play who join our little preschool.  She continues to make improvements with speaking.  She is getting more clear and we have been able to correct some of the words that she has struggled with.  It'll be totally embarrassing for her in 10 years, but I'm just so darn proud and excited.  She had her first poop in the toilet!  We've had the potty down for awhile, but she wasn't interested in the pooping in the toilet.  She's as stubborn as they come.  We tried everything, but it all boiled down to her not wanting to.  I know, because she flat out told me she would rather poop in a diaper or underwear.  We've yet to have a second success, but she has at least done it and knows what it's like, so I am hopeful that she will get it in the next few weeks...hopefully. 

Liam has made some great large motor progress.  His balance is improving and he can walk across the room.  His favorite thing to do is to find whomever is on the floor and body slam.  He also did a lot of stair practice.  He is getting really good a getting down the stairs, which is a relief that he is finally getting it.  He is experimenting with sounds more and he will imitate us, much like Hyrum did.  It will be interesting to see if he is as articulate as Hyrum was.  He's a smart little guy.  A couple of times this week, I have seen him pick up paper or something on the floor and crawl over to the trash can.  He also took some socks to the basket we have on the steps to go up the dirty laundry.  It's fun and exciting, but also a little worrisome that I might have another Lila on my hands.

I had a presidency meeting on Monday night.  It will be our last of the year, and we needed to get classes finalized and a plan in place because 1/2 the presidency will be gone for more than a month.  Tuesday night I went to favorite things party.  I had to Google it, because I had never heard of it.  It was fun to talk with other adults and do a little gift exchange.  I don't often get time away from kids, most of the time they get dragged along too.  I also took a family to the airport one evening.  Tim wasn't home, so we had a full van.  It was in the evening, so Liam wasn't too happy, but I thought it was fun.  I don't often get to take people to the airport, usually Tim is the one to drive.  Saturday was our big day for stockings.  We got them put together and dropped off to the Relief Society president.  One of my big projects this week was downloading pictures and videos from Google.  Apparently, I take a lot and you can have so many that your emails won't get sent.  I was in the red zone and getting warnings from Google that I was running out of space.  I have one more year to go then I will no longer be in the red zone.  We did one last Christmas light drive, which was fun, not nearly as cool as last week, but it was fun.  Tim goes on nights next week.  I've tried to plan a few things for us to do, so we will see how that goes.  

Until Christmas! 


Comments