Snow and dumpster success!

It's hard to believe this was only Hyrum's first week back at school.  They didn't have any school on Monday, which was a good thing because it would have been canceled due to snow.  They delayed school the next day due to ice on the roads.  The kids had a lot of fun outside and Tim and I realized just how unprepared were were, but with a little improvising we made it work and the kids had so much fun playing in the snow for a few hours while it lasted.  Tim got to play with the kids outside, which I was grateful for!  It was Lila's first memorable snow and it was magical for her.


It was a bit hard for Hyrum in the mornings.  He was so used to getting up and playing that he forgot to get ready in the morning.  He had trouble letting go of his toys, we made it to the bus every day and he seemed to transition back to school alright.  Typically my students always started to struggle around this time, so I am just waiting for it to happen.  He enjoyed seeing all of his school friends again.  He also learned how to do the monkey bars and the fireman pole.  He has a blister on his hand to prove it.  It was really funny, because he didn't know what it was a first and came and told me that he had something on his hand that wouldn't come off.  Another funny Hyrum quote.  He will forever be our reader.  He was enjoying some quality time reading with Tim and he requested that Tim read with, "Feeling and emotion."  Gotta love that kid!

Lila and I started preschool up again.  She continues to enjoy finding letters she knows and bossing the boys around.  Hyrum has started saying that he doesn't like Lila telling him what to do.  She really is like a second mother and he doesn't listen to her either (insert face slap).  Liam is okay with her mothering and seems to take it in stride.  She loves coming with me to do any errands.  She is very into her clips, chapstick, purse and has started taking care of her baby more.  It is fun to she her start to imagine more.  Hyrum has introduced her to pokeman.  She doesn't know what it is and Hyrum really don't know either.  But, she does what Hyrum says and they have fun.  

Liam had a harder week.  He was sick and grouchy for most of the week.  He started waking up around four in the morning and most of the days he would go back to sleep for a couple of hours, but some he didn't.  Not.  Cool.  I got to enjoy some early morning as well along with catching whatever it is he has.  Despite that he continued to practice his walking skills, whenever Lila would let him walk.  He is also saying more words and is getting particular about his food.  He loves exploring and is getting better with fine motor skills.  This week he started using a fork to poke his food and he learned how to stack blocks on a rod.  I have no idea what that toy is called, so hopefully you know what I am talking about.  

As mentioned above, I battled exhaustion and sickness this week.  I also had a major dumpster win.  I'll never understand it, but people toss the best things!  At least they could just drop it off at Goodwill, but they just put it at the dumpster.  I snagged a great set of plastic drawers and a sweet pink couch.  The couch had a tiny hole and a few marks, but it was in really good condition.  The kids have loved sitting on it.  Hyrum struggled at first and wanted to know where his blue one was.  All I could say was that the dumpster only had pink.  He seems to be mostly okay with it and enjoys fighting the other two for a spot on it.

I also finally got the carseats fixed.  Liam was really squishing into the infant seat and needed an upgrade, which meant that I needed to upgrade Lila.  She loves her seat and from the smiles and kicking from Liam, I think he likes the extra space.

With all of the sickness, we opted to stay home from church.  I took a much needed nap and the kids did some fighting, playing, yelling, and cookie baking.  I'm not sure I'm ready for another week, but it's coming whether I want it to or not.

Until then!

Comments