March days!

The week has gone by so quickly a lot happened, but didn't happen.  I guess it's just the way some weeks go.  Tim worked in a clinic that was supposed to be easier, but he put in some serious hours working late to figure things out for patients.  Despite that, it was nice to have him home over the weekend.  We have seen him more this month than usual, which has been nice.  He goes into two weeks of sports medicine, which means we will be seeing him over the weekend more!

March has been a crazy month with the weather.  We have had some beautiful days and this weekend we had snow.  I think we are cursed, because our brand new heating and cooling unit went out and we were without heat on the coldest night, 20 degrees.  We were able to get emergency maintenance to bring out heaters, which is great, but I thought we were smooth sailing for at least a year.  Guess not.  Hopefully, they will send someone out on Monday to fix it.  The kids enjoyed being outside in the snow collecting downed branches from a rain/wind storm we also had this week.  The kids enjoy the strangest things, but I'm not complaining.

I have gone on a curly girl quest for Lila.  I have been watching a lot of YouTube videos on how to care for curls.  It's been insightful and we started some new things help.  I have noticed that her hair is drying out and the longer it gets the more difficult it is to maintain.  She tends to get lent and other things stuck in her hair at night which makes for some fun detangling sessions.  I decided to try wrapping her hair.  She loves her pink hat; I don't love that it doesn't stay on very well.  It does help with her tangles, so I think we will maintain it and maybe try something else that will stay on her head.  Unfortunately, she was sick for most of the week with a runny nose, which means lots of inside time.  We managed and luckily she seems to be on the mend, but I think this is the cold that seems to just hang around for a couple of weeks.  It's gone around our group of friends.  Our funny quote of the week comes from Miss Lila.  I got a text from Tim when I got to church (she stayed home), "Mom has cool sounds coming out of her legs when she comes down the steps."  She ALWAYS knows when I am coming because she can hear my ankles popping.  Apparently, it's a cool sound.

Hyrum started off the week by loosing another tooth.  It's been loose for a while, but it finally came out.  He ran in the house and gave a big smile.  It took some getting used to seeing him with a big whole in his mouth the other side is now loose, so maybe we will have some big teeth come in too.  


 Hyrum managed to stay healthy so far, but we didn't go to swim lessons this week because I didn't want to haul two sick kids out in public.  He continues to enjoy going to his first grade class for reading.  He is starting to participate in some of the challenges and this week he learned his birthday in numbers.  On Friday he came home asking if he could learn to tie his shoes, we've been trying for a while, so he could get a challenge prize.  Surprisingly, he is doing well.  He has most of the parts down, now it's getting the bows tightened.  He also came home on Friday with a note from the school.  I had a chat with the school earlier, because he is having some trouble on the bus.  It's been a hard weekend of consequences and I am looking forward to a better week.

Liam was fussiness continued.  He had one of the top teeth come in, which leaves one tooth until the two year molars.  To top it off he was also sick.  Lots of drippy noses and suspect crusty spots on mom's pants and shoulders.  One good thing that came out of this week was dropping the pacifier.  I have been wanting to do it but it's been difficult to find a week where I think about it, he's not sick, and a tooth isn't coming in.  One night we put the pacifier in his mouth and he kept spitting it out, so I put him down without it and he did fine.  I feel like it's been pretty smooth as far as him falling asleep without it.  Any issues we have had came from his cold and air bubbles.  He still looks for it on the mantle as we are heading up, but it hasn't been a battle that many seem to struggle with.  He learns new words every day and is getting better at saying what he wants like up and down.  He learned how to pull himself on the couch today and Tim said he got up on a kitchen chair which surprised me.  We have a counter height table, so it's no small feat.  

I was able to attend a baby shower of my ministering companion.  I usually can't go, but was delighted when the stars aligned.  I was also able to listen in on a stake meeting while Tim watched the gang downstairs.  It's always nice to listen in peace...well kind of.  Lila came in and sat for a while and then both Hyrum and Lila came in to chat and play.  I guess no matter how boring it is to them, it's always more interesting when mom is in another room trying to listen.  Between sickness, bus issues, and no heat my mental capacity was stretched to the max.  I'm ready for a new week and a fresh start!

Comments