A week of endings!

It's that time of year.  We always live in very transient wards and many families are beginning to leave for the next step in life.  We have 22 families leaving the ward permanently and a handful that will be gone over the summer for internships.  It will be interesting to see how many families we get.  We only have a couple that we know of so far moving in.  The primary will shrink by over half and I will be the only presidency member left.

Monday we had a little ice cream social with the families that are in our complex.  Four of them will be leaving within the next month or so.  The kids enjoyed the sugar and running around.  The adults enjoyed chatting.  Our quote of the week comes from Lila.  A family put up a hammock that the kids were swing on.  Hyrum and another boy got to really swinging with Lila.  The type of swinging that sends Lila in a full circle.  I went running hollering for the boys to stop, only to hear, "It's okay mom.  I'm okay with it!"  Well, mom wasn't okay with it.  Mercy, she is a daredevil!


Lila finished up the alphabet this week.  We will do a fun activity this week and then she will be officially done with her first year of mom preschool.  She has learned so much and it's always so fun to see her making connections outside of preschool.  She is also getting into her baby.  I can find her often putting her baby down for a nap or patting her baby.  It's rubbed off on Liam and he likes to go after her baby too.  He affectionately calls her Nigh Night.  It's kind of cute to watch Liam holding her...a bit rougher...but still taking care of her.

Hyrum completed another week of school and riding a bus.  We didn't have too much trouble.  He was testing all week on his laptop (not happy about that for kinder).  By Friday he was pretty zapped and I think that was part of the reason we so much trouble this weekend.  We also had a lot of rain this week, so none of the kids were out as much as I would have liked.

Tim spent the week both sick and working nights.  He was supposed to work days, but they needed coverage on nights, so he was on nights.  All of the kids had some level of sickness.  I am pretty sure I am getting sick, but I am holding out in hopes that it won't be too bad.

Sunday the kids were excited for my birthday.  Typically, we let the birthday person choose meals.  Hyrum knows this and came asking what we were having for breakfast.  I told him we were doing cereal or oatmeal, remember this is Sunday morning and Tim was working.  Hyrum promptly started whining about needing a big breakfast.  I told him that I wasn't going to fix a big breakfast for myself on my birthday.  Well, he decided that he was going to make himself French toast (a.k.a. toast with butter).  Whatever works!  By dinner he didn't seem to surprised when I told him we were doing leftovers.  We did have ice cream sandwiches, which were a hit.  It was their first time having them and I am sure there will be future requests.


That's about all from us.  Until next week!

Comments