The final countdown!

We are so close the end of school!  I am very ready for school to be over and I know Hyrum is too.  He didn't have school on Monday, so we played and Tim took the kids swimming.  We also made another trip to the emergency room...this time for Lila.  She had an accident while swimming.  No stitches needed, thankfully.  I spent the rest of the week trying to keep her from being too active, so things can heal up.  

Tuesday we were back to the school madness.  Tim also woke up sick.  I feel like we have caught everything but covid.  I kind of wish we would just get it, so we can say we have it.  Hyrum has asked to be driven to school again, so we will most likely be driving him the rest of the school year.  At least this time there is no screaming or tears involved.

Liam has really started to pretend play.  The first picture is of him putting some dolls to bed and the second is of him stirring.  It's fun to see is imagination take off.  He continues to improve his language.  He is trying to say more complicated words.  My new favorite is when he says awesome.  It's just really cute.  He continues to be a Rockstar nursery kid.  It's really nice to just set him down and walk away, especially when it's just me and their is chaos in primary.   


Hyrum made it through the school week.  He has one more left and then he is free for the summer.  They had some animals visit their class on Friday, and he came home telling me all about the animals that he touched.  I think he was most excited about the snake.  All I could think about was him now thinking that he can pick up any snake and bringing it to me.  YUCK!  Probably the biggest thing for him was bearing his testimony during sacrament meeting.  He has been asking to go up and bear his testimony and I guess today was the day.  I had him tell me what he wanted to say and made him stick to the script, because he wanted to evangelize.   

Lila had a harder week.  She was up late for camping and then a couple of days later she was up until midnight at the ER.  We powered through and forced the naps and she is in a better spot.  I have noticed that she is getting better with her counting into the teen numbers.  She is also taking an interest in reading and writing.  I tell her the words to say and repeats and I hold her hand to write.  I am really hoping that I can get her into coloring.  She has always been more into moving and less into sitting still long enough to focus on a picture.  It sure would make church easier. She had a couple of playdates with a neighbor friend who will be moving in a few weeks. 

It was a mentally and emotionally exhausting week for me.  There was a lot going on with primary, ER visits, kids, big life decisions, Tim being on nights, and the list goes on.  The brightest part was some of our cherry tomatoes turning red.  The kids said they tasted great.  I have managed to keep everything alive so far.  We have fought off bugs and fungus so far.  I was pruning the carrots and noticed that some of the roots were starting to turn orange.  The kids thought it was pretty neat they were orange, but confused at why they were so small.  I also fit in a primary meeting and a follow-up visit for Lila to make sure everything was okay...it was.


Come Friday at 3pm we will all be doing the dance of joy as Hyrum gets home from school.  Until then!

Comments