The End of July!

The week passed quickly...almost too quickly.  We had yet another round of colds go through.  It started with Liam.  I think he picked something either at the museum or in nursery.  Throughout the rest of the week everyone dropped like flies. Well, everyone that is but me!  Knock on wood, because I don't think I have ever not gotten sick when the kids have been sick.  Tim even struggled a bit with a lost voice.  Hyrum and I went to church today because Liam was still draining green goo, Lila was still wiping her nose on her shirt, and Tim's voice wasn't all the way better.  I'd like to go back for a moment to discuss Lila.  Try as we might to get her to use a tissue she just won't.  She wipes her nose on her shirt and we tell her to get a tissue and she responds that she doesn't need one...insert face slap.  That girl!  It makes sense because she no longer has a drip...it's on her nose.  We just wish she would put it on a tissue.  Grrr!

Okay, moving on.  We spent most of the week trying not to get other kids sick.  I am pretty sure we shared our germs with the neighbors when they came over to play earlier in the week, before everyone else started getting sick.  It's always harder when we can't get out as much.  Hopefully, this coming week will be better.

Lila met with an orthopedist and everything looks good.  Her bone has already straightened out and it looks to be healing fast.  She is mostly out of her sling and doing fine.  She still has to be careful with biking and putting weight on her arm and shoulder, but she was given the okay to swim, which is amazing.  I am going to try to get the kids out to swim at least once this week.  She is super excited to start school...more on that later.  Lila continues to try to exert her independence.  It's exhausting at times, but she will learn how to communicate and get what she wants.  I just have to remember that it takes time.  I have been going through a learning process with Lila and her hair.  She has wavy/curly hair and struggles with tangles and all sorts of things that goes along with it.  Well, we did some playing with her hair and it wasn't perfect, but man her hair is a lot curlier than I thought!


Liam has taken both Tim and I to our limits this week.  It's a darn good thing he is so cute, because man he drives us nuts sometimes.  He too struggles with listening and likes to smile his cute little dimples and keep doing what he wants.  He continues to learn new words like crazy and can often be heard chatting late into the night.  Hyrum was the same way.  They both just had/have so much to say that they need the extra hours to practice.  Liam's new favorite place to play is the toybox.  He likes to open the lid, dump everything out and then get inside.  He usually gets stuck and then calls for help, but it's a nice cozy place to play.  Cutest thing from him this week is he has learned the shoo fly song.  We have flies that come in the house and when he sees one he sings shoo fly.  Well, this week he added a slap and a "Got da shoo fy."  Super cute.

Hyrum is super pumped for school as well.  He keeps telling people that he will be homeschooled this year and that it's just like regular school, except it's not going to take as long.  I think he was sold on the homeschool when he figured out that our school day won't be as long as public school.  He is really into Pokemon...like really into it.  He has a stack of graphic novels that he is constantly learning new things about teams, leagues, different Pokemon forms, abilities and how they change.  It's a new and exciting world that I get to join him on...yay me!  He has struggled with some boredom this week.  It typically lasts for 20-30 minutes and then he finds something to entertain himself.  My personal favorite this week was him asking if he could sweep the porch to cure his boredom.  Of course I said yes.  Probably his greatest accomplishment this week was catching his first fly.  A little background first.  Tim has a crazy made skill of catching flies is midair or from the window.  I don't know how he does it, but it happens often enough that the kids know he can do it and often talk about it.  Well, it's summer and we have flies.  We were playing in the living room and all of a sudden Hyrum calls out, "I got my first one!"  Sure enough, he caught a fly by it's wings and it was still alive.  He thought it was dead and went to put it in the trash.  It ended up flying away, but don't worry later that day he killed it and learned what the term "guts" means.  It's a little hard to see, but he has a fly.


I stayed busy entertaining sick kids, the regular house stuff, and prepping for school.  I have a list I have been chipping away at and I finished most of the organization and looking through curriculum this week.  I just have to do some actual lesson planning for the first week.  I wasn't planning on starting until September, because I always hated starting before Labor day.  Well, both of the kids are super excited to start and it looks like we will be starting in August, because once my list is done there isn't any real reason not to start.  It just means that we will end earlier in May.  We are also waiting for the withdrawal from public school to be official.  Everything is in order, we just have to wait for the district.

That's about all from us.  Here's to another hot month!

Comments