Fall and Tropical Storms

Fall came fast this year.  I typically feel like we ease into it as the weather gradually cools down, but jackets and long pants are out.  Perhaps some of it had to do with the Ian that came through, but it is still very surprising to me.  Speaking of Ian, we did alright.  There was rain all day and by the evening we had some stronger wind.  Some areas had downed power lines due to trees falling, but our lights flickered a few times and that was it.  We should have sunny weather next week, which will hopefully get us out side enjoying it more.  

As updates go, let's start with Liam this week...only because of this adorable picture.  I have a picture of each of the kids wearing it and I always thing they look so cute!  Liam is still clearing up his runny nose.  Life is never easy when you are sick and he is not exception.  All the kids were extra whinny this week, but Liam had lots of gunk draining and I am sure he wasn't sleeping as well.  He continues to expand his vocabulary and his vocal capabilities.  He isn't afraid to say when he isn't happy and show it.  He's my first hitter, which has been difficult.  He loves doing what the other kids are doing and sometimes the activities aren't for a two year old and it's hard.  He is getting really good at jumping and driving me crazy with jumping of anything like the stairs.  

Lila continues to love writing.  I am always surprised at what she picks up.  She is eager to learn and this coming week we will be upping her preschool.  We will officially start letter practice and I decided to go a little more in depth with her because she seems to have a desire.  She loves to be independent and try knew things.  She has developed more of a shy personality.  She is hiding behind me more when we are in larger crowds and generally sticking close.  

Hyrum is doing well with school.  He finished up his mammals unit.  I can't believe how fast the month flew by.  He is also wrapping up multiplication.  I started drilling him on fact cards and he is starting to remember.  He has really enjoyed singing a long with the skip counting songs.  They are pretty catchy and I will find myself singing the songs.  We were able to play outside at the park this week and with neighbor kids a couple of times.  

Hyrum and Lila continue to love the homeschool library learning lab.  It has been a great experience for socializing and just doing some cool things.  Hyrum loved playing the games and trying new food.  Lila really wanted to get her face painted, so she braved meeting a new girl and asking to have her face painted.  Liam just liked the food, which was pretty tasty.

We enjoyed conference this year.  It was probably one of our more difficult years as far as me being able to focus.  But, I can't blame the kids because it's a lot of TV/conference to pack in, in two days.  It wasn't the most reverent way to listen, but somehow the kids got into blowing raspberries on each other's bellies.  They spent time looking at our large pile of books from the library, playing with boxes, and as always eating way to much food. 


Tim continues to enjoy his learning and lamenting at how fast it is going by.  I kept up with the kids and tried my hand at making homemade tomato soup, which was pretty tasty.  We have also reached 21 weeks, and I am starting to feel it.

Until next week!

Comments