Another busy week!

We had another busy week of school, doctor's appointments, playtime, and baby prep.  Tim finished his final week in Vermont as well and will be home today.  Whoot!  More on that later.

We started the week with some beautiful 60 degree weather.  The kids were running around outside without coats or jackets.  I feel like we are going to skip winter this year.  The past several years we have had snow at least twice in February, but they are predicting 60s for the next week or so and we have seen trees with flowers and buds all over on our walks.  I'm wondering if the trees know something we don't!  I won't complain, because I am ready for warmer weather.  We tried to get out as much as possible, because we were down in the 30s by the end of the week.  It's hard to see, but this a bubble party with several other kids from the neighborhood.  I am always amazed at how entertained the kids are with just bubbles flying around.


Tuesday I had an OB appointment, and this is NOT my baby.  Lila and Liam went over to a neighbor's during the appointment and were able to hold their three month old.  Apparently, they both did great and enjoyed holding the baby.  Hyrum went with me and got to hear the heartbeat.  He was asking about the doppler the second we got into the room and seemed to enjoy hearing how fast the heart was beating.  Lila gets to come with me next week.  I think she will enjoy it as well.

We spent the rest of the week working on school, staying up with our normal routine things, playing, and getting ready for baby.  I keep chipping away at my list.  This week's task was to do some extra lesson planning, which is complete.  I opted just to make sure I had a plan for books and materials needed for the next couple of months.  I figured I am fast enough at actual planning that as long as I don't need to do any major research or looking up books and materials that I will be able to pull things together easily after things get crazy.

Friday we had dental appointments for all the kids.  We go to the dental school every year when they have a day when they offer free checkups.  All three kids did great, but Hyrum ended up having a cavity.  It was in the back on a brand new adult molar.  He wasn't very happy and started to show signs of stress like he might have an emotional meltdown.  I pulled the student aside and asked that she not say anything to him and to talk with me first after they took the x-rays.  They sent us up to another floor.  I am pretty sure they were pediatric focused, because they did a fantastic job with all the kids.  Liam even did a great job opening his mouth, which he does not like to do for us.  They also did a great job with Hyrum, who was happy that he didn't need a shot.  It was a surface cavity, so they said they could use some gas and mellow him out.  It was a fast procedure and he didn't fuss at all.  I am super grateful he didn't have a meltdown and that everything work out...even if it took us three hours.

I am definitely slowing down.  I am 39 weeks today and was grateful that the kids had several cases of just playing nicely independently and together.  It let me either get things done faster or rest.  On one occasions they asked me to play with them and I got to be the baby that laid down on the couch...a role I happily played.  Liam seems to be getting more into imaginative play.  He put on his mittens so he could pull things out of the oven.  It was super cute.

Tim has enjoyed his time working with topnotch doctors.  From what I can tell he has had lots of great exposure and practice with things that he doesn't normally see in clinic here.  We are all ready for him to be home.  I am grateful for technology that allowed us to video with him, so the kids could see his face.  He experienced some sub zero temperatures.  On the last day it was so cold that he almost couldn't get the car started.  He found that some of the slopes close when it's too cold and that tends to slow down clinic.  There were some diehards still out skiing in the single digits, which apparently leads to broken bones.  Like I mentioned earlier, he will be home today and the kids (especially mom) are pumped.  Until next week!

Comments