Last week!

 This was Tim's last week of paternity leave.  We are all a little sad that it's coming to an end.  The kids and I are in for a rude awakening!  The weeks are running together, so I will see what I can remember.

We have some great neighbors/friends that have been really great at inviting the kids over.  The older two went to a playdate one morning and then they had a late night movie on another day.  Liam also got to play with a neighbor on another day.  All the kids love this particular friend.  Usually, when something exciting happens to them they want to share it with her.  I think she's pretty great too.  


Hyrum, Lila and I made it through another week of school.  I simplified things for this week, but I am going to make further revisions for the last few weeks of school.  I feel like I am shorting the kids on their education, but I just don't know how we will get it all done without all of us sane and somewhat happy with each other. I am trying to remind myself that both kids are doing amazing and we don't have to do it all for them to learn what they need to know to be good, productive humans.  We only have six weeks left of school and I think we can do it.  It might not be the prettiest, but we will get there.  On a more exciting note, I did purchase most of the curriculum we needed for next year.  Hyrum was pumped to choose his science again and Lila was excited that she gets some books too.  She will mostly use what I create for her schooling.

Hyrum has enjoyed having Tim home to practice his Spanish.  According to Tim he is doing well.  He is learning a lot of the grammar rules and getting the accent down.  He still tells us Japan is his favorite and that once he learns Spanish he wants to learn Japanese.

I didn't know it was possible, but Lila has taken the princess, dancing, ukulele, and singing up a notch.  Ever since she saw the musical with Tim, she has been doing more of "Lila."  It's fun to see her likes coming out.  I think Tim and I have both wondered if music will be her thing.  Hyrum loves the STEM and engineering stuff, but it will be really fun to see what she gravitates to.  She was also really proud of her hair for church.  She continues to get more intricate...I'm going to have to start practicing!
 

Liam gained two molars this week.  We have had some crazy diapers the last few weeks and I was worried that he was sick or something, but it was just molars.  It was really cute to see him running around with his mouth opened to show everyone his molars.  He continues to show his independence and wanting to do things his own way, which is always incredibly frustrating.  

Owen reached the one month mark.  He is doing well over.  He continues to be our best eater and burper, but like the others he is showing signs of issues.  He is somewhere in the middle of our issue spectrum.  I cut dairy and soy from my diet, but it will be a couple of weeks until we see some improvement if there is any.  This aspect is probably the most frustrating and the thing I look forward to the least with every one of our kids.  The older kids love to play and chat with him and he seems to tolerate their noise when he is sleeping.  He is starting to give little smiles and being more curious.    

The biggest things for me this week was helping a sister in our ward find an apartment.  I have been working on it we moved into the ward two years ago.  There have been so many challenges along the way.  But, she was approved and I spent the rest of the week working on the final things to get her set up to move in next week.  I feel like we can officially move!

Until next week!  

Comments