He's 7!

We had a busy week with lots happening.  I am sure I am going to forget a bunch, but I'll try to get the highlights.  

We are getting so close to the end of school.  I don't know who is more excite...me or the kids.  Lila will be finishing up next week and Hyrum the following week.  There are so many things that they have completed that our school days are getting shorter.  It's not all bad, because we had plenty of action in the midnight hours...more on that later.

The most exciting part of the week was celebrating Hyrum's birthday.  He has only been counting down since his last birthday.  We continued the theme of everything he is interested in for his family celebration.  He chose biscuits and gravy for breakfast, which I changed so that I could have some.  Hyrum got to go to the movies for the first time with Tim.  They went to see the Mario movie.  One of the perks of homeschool is you can go to the movies in the middle of the day.  Because of the timing they had a private showing, which I was told was a good thing, because Hyrum got really into the movie.  We got him a Pikachu pillow and Pokémon cards.  He also got a robot building kit.  He's spent plenty of time creating robots.  We just need to figure out how to make it work with the solar power.  


Ever since we got free donuts at Krispy Kreme, he was determined to have them for his birthday dessert.  We are at the point in the newborn stage, where I am all for cutting corners even if it cost a few extra bucks.  He also had pepperoni pizza.

Lila and Liam got to help decorate Hyrum's chair.  Lila is very quickly phasing out of naps.  She still needs one or two a week to truly be on her A game.  I am dreading the loss of a napper.  She stuck with it far longer than Hyrum and I suspect that Liam will drop his much earlier.  Lila is super excited to finish preschool.  She loves to take on adult tasks.  This week I let her grate the cheese and she was on cloud nine.  She wanted to add in seasonings, but I said no.  She settled for grating the cheese.  She did a great job and enjoyed shredding big cheese and little baby cheeses.  She continues to cuddle Owen.  She is itching to carry him and I have had to stop her several times.  She not quite big enough and Owen's head isn't quite stable enough for me to feel comfortable with her picking him up.  

Speaking of Owen, he turned two months this week.  Along with this milestone came constipation and loss of naps.  I'm not sure what triggered it, but he stopped having bowel movements. After a week we finally helped him along.  He is still struggling, so we might need to help him some more.  He decided that naps were for the birds and from 8 in the morning to 8 in the evening he will only sleep in 30 to 40 minute stretches.  He gets progressively more unhappy as the day passes and it's not fun.  Other than that he's super cute!


All I can say about Liam is he needs a fence...like yesterday.  That poor kid wants to be outside and hates it when the others get to leave and he has to be stuck inside with mom.  I've had to get on the other two about shutting the door, because if he sees the slightest window, he's out!  It's really hard to chase a kid down while I'm trying to feed a baby.  Lots of crying children.  He is making progress with learning to dress himself.  He can pull up his shorts, which is huge.  It's always hard to learn to get the waistband over the diaper.  He also had the taking off of socks and shoes down.  

A birthday present Hyrum didn't want was poison ivy.  We made it two years without getting it, but it seems to have spread everywhere this spring.  I started showing up just after his birthday, so he probably got into it while playing outside on his birthday.  He's been very itchy at night.  Tim left on the day that it really started flaring up.  He said to keep him posted and he would call in something if it was bad.  I text him at about 3 in the morning requesting something stronger.  I saw every nighttime hour and for my sanity he needs relief.  I am hoping it helps and things clear up fast.

Tim left for Arizona on Friday.  We dropped him off at the airport.  Liam wasn't happy that he didn't get to go.  He'll be back on Wednesday night and we will all be happy to see him.  He's the master has getting Owen to sleep during his fussiest hours.  I don't know how he does it, but I can't wait until he's back and can work his magic, because I sure don't have any!

I am plugging along planning homeschool for next year.  I think we have all our curriculum set.  I still have lots of things to get done, but I feel like I have a plan of attack.  And spoiler alert...I'm getting release tomorrow.  I'm not quite sure what to do with myself.  I haven't been to relief society in a couple of years and I will have seven Sundays to enjoy adults.  I'll miss the kiddos, but it will be nice.

Until next week!

Comments