Even more packing!

It was another busy week of packing.  Every area has been hit and I think we have all of our donations out of the house.  There will be a few final things that we will get rid of right before we leave like fridge stuff.  The kids' bedrooms are filling with boxes and there are more and more empty spaces in the house.  It is really hard to believe that we have four weeks left before we move.  Despite all that I have accomplished the last couple of weeks, I am still feeling the pressure.  There is so much that we have to get done yet before we leave and even more to get done to get settled and ready for school to start in August.  Crazy times!

I am finding that the older three kids are really good with either helping for staying occupied while I pack.  The problem is Owen who I basically wear all day, so he can nap.  He typically doesn't nap for more than 30 minutes at a time without being worn.  I did notice towards the end of the week that he was either taking one longer lap during the day or within 15 minutes of waking up getting really fussy and going back to sleep fairly easily.  I am really crossing my fingers that he is starting to figure out how to transition to deeper sleep, because it is really hard to bend and squat wearing a sleeping baby.

I think Owen hit another growth spurt, because he was waking up a lot more to eat.  It also translated to more difficult mornings because I was getting less sleep.  I think I am getting old, because with every kid it's getting harder and harder to get it together in the mornings.  He hit three months, which is crazy.  He's super chatty and smiley.  His hair continues to be everyone's favorite.  It is starting to get long enough that it is laying more on his head.  He has a really strong neck and leg muscles.  He has also developed a love for the great outdoors.  He typically calms down or stays calmer much longer when he is outside.  


Mercurial is how I would describe Liam.  His terrible twos are very much a roller coaster.  He's so different from the other two.  He is also VERY stubborn.  We have been working with him for the longest time on folding his arms.  He typically refuses very loudly.  This week he finally decided to start folding him arms....can I get an HALLELUJAH!  Lila's pretty stubborn, but Liam might have her beat on some things.  He's starting to take on more responsibility and enjoys it.  His molars are almost in...there is just one more that hasn't popped all the way out.  I've notices he's starting to take longer naps which is awesome.  I get worried that he's going to drop soon and I am not ready for that.  Lila still takes naps and it's been so nice to have most of the kids sleeping at the same time during the week.

Probably the highlight of Lila's week was getting her fingernails and toenails painted.  We took some time this week during a time when I wasn't carrying Owen to do it.  She was super excited about it and has loved showing people her nails.  
She continues to be a big helper with Owen and packing.  She's working on her quiet time stamina.  I use nap times to get everything done that I need to.  I typically can't sit and play with the kids because I have adulting things that require time.  She's getting better at it.

She and Hyrum have been playing well together.  They come up with some interesting things from Lila helping Hyrum sort things, to make believe, and the new favorite is helping each other to handstands.  It's very interesting.  Liam is a good sport about it.  

Hyrum is getting better at reading more challenging books.  He reads an impressive amount of books.  I am continually on the hunt for new reads for him.  His new thing is creating mazes for me to solve during church.  He is pretty good at creating them and I am all for it if he will stay quiet.  

Tim was busy this week with games.  He had one on Wednesday night and one on Sunday afternoon.  He can officially practice medicine in Arkansas.  He is still working on a couple more things so he can start, but they shouldn't take too much time.  He is finding it difficult to find time to study for the Sports Medicine exam.  It seems they are going to keep him busy to the bitter end.  It also doesn't help the Owen is a handful from 6:30-8:30 at night.  There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day for Tim and I to get everything done that needs to be done.  

I spent my week packing.  We managed to get out and walk several times this week again.  It is supposed to rain this coming week, so I don't think we will have much outside time.  I was asked to sub in Hyrum's class on Sunday.  Tim wasn't there due to a game, so it was a busy day at church.  Next week consists for chipping away at my never ending list.

Until then!

Comments