Packing!

Things are getting real here!  I started packing and taping up boxes and totes.  It wasn't completely crazy doing it with the kids.  There were some days that went better than others and I only had to resort to a show once because I got into packing a little too much and needed some dedicated time to get things organized.  Every day Liam wakes up and asks if we are going to pack another box.  He seems to understand that if we want it to come with us it needs to be in a box.  I made it through both kid bedrooms, half the toys, and all the school stuff.  I originally thought I would spread things out more over the next several weeks.  I've amended that thinking to just getting as much done as I can as quickly as possible, because there will be things that come up and I don't want to feel crunched.  I'm hoping this next week I will be able to hit every room/area and pack what we don't need.

Besides packing we enjoyed the weather by going on walks.  Owen is officially in the carrier for all naps, which equates to me carrying him for most of the day.  He just doesn't sleep for more than 30 minutes during the day.  I'm hoping he grows out of it fast, because he is getting heavy.  We tried to get outside just after he fell asleep in the carrier.  We had some adventures in the woods with Hyrum leading the way.  He was pretty confident of the path that he had taken with Tim.  I just didn't realize it required crossing a stream, which is more challenging when you have a baby blocking your vision.  The highlight for the kids during our walks were seeing a blue heron, getting up close and personal with a family of ducks, and being able to take a stuffy.  If you look closely you can see the preferred method of carrying...  

We also had some action with construction.  We were outside one day and went to see what was happening.  The kids sat forever watching the bucket loader.  I think the construction guys liked the excitement.  They gave the kids a legit construction vest.  Lila kind of claimed it and decided that she wanted to a construction worker ballerina.  As long as she has the steal toed ballet shoes, I'm all for it!

What we didn't realize with the construction was that it was going to cause problems for us later.  The word from maintenance is they were working on a water line.  After turning it back on there was too much pressure.  Around 5 pm I heard this weird sound.  After looking for a bit I realized that it sounded like water and when hunting by our water heater.  It was spewing water because too much pressure had built up.  It took until about 10 pm to get fans and water back on, because we were one of 17 people that had trouble.  The following day, I was told that water heaters were still popping because of too much pressure.  Luckily, it only took a couple of days of running the fans and five minutes to get the carpet put back together.  Nothing like when we first moved in two years ago. 

Despite not napping and still having some stomach trouble, Owen is a pretty happy little guy.  We get lots of smiles and we are getting really close to a full laugh.  He turns three months this week, which is crazy to me.  It's gone fast, yet so slow.  He loves splashing in the bath and everyone loves his hair when it is freshly washed and super poofy!  I might have to give him a trim sooner rather than later, because of how long it is getting already. 


Here's to another week of packing and summer fun!

Comments