We made it!

It was a no picture kind of week.  I think we just have those kind of weeks more often now and I am learning to be okay with it, because you can't do everything.

Tim was out of town living it up in Arizona until Wednesday evening.  He enjoyed the conference, but it was long and making wise food choices was difficult, because there was a lot of eating out.  He struggled a bit to fix his schedule, because he was staying up so much later in Arizona and then to come back and be waking up hours earlier that he was.  He had several events to cover the rest of the week.

Lila officially finished preschool.  She has made so much progress this year and I am excited for her to keep moving next year as she starts to read.  She is reading the pictures more and more, which is so fun.  She does a great job when Liam will let her read to him before naps.  Liam is getting into books more as well.  He has finally mastered turning the pages carefully enough for me to let him loose with picture books.  I find him frequently on the couch looking through books and I have flashbacks to Hyrum sitting looking at books.  Lila is also learning lots of skills.  She does really well with folding laundry and pouring her own milk.  We haven't had spills from her or Hyrum in a while...knock on wood.  She gave a talk in primary today...sort of.  She doesn't do well with crowds.  We practiced and talked about her just standing in the front holding the picture while Tim read her talk.  We almost didn't even get her to give us the talk.  We got it out of the bag and she sat with her fingers in her mouth while Tim read it.  She's so outgoing and bossy at home, but when it comes to public situations she clams up tighter than Fort Knox!

Liam is getting better at imaginative play.  It helps that siblings are good at pretend.  I can't always understand what he is pretending, but I find as long as I smile and say something he is happy.  He still loves nursery and hates that I keep him inside when the big kids are out.  I find myself giving him a countdown to a fence more and more.  I love that he wants to be out, but he just can't be out safely.  The last of his molars are almost in, which means he is having less tummy trouble.  

Hyrum has one more week of school.  He has learned a lot this year.  I think we both have through this whole process.  I feel like he has really thrived with the flexibility that homeschool has offered him.  I honestly can't see him ever doing traditional school again.  We will always keep the option there, but with his personality, I think he will always do a nontraditional route to his education.  He spent a lot of time this week working on his robot.  We finally had some sunny days that he was able to take it out and actually get it to work.  He was super excited to share it with his friends and they sat around waiting for the sun to come out enough for the robot to move.  I always knew when it did, because I could hear the kids hollering.  

Owen didn't like taking naps this week.  I resorted to the carrier for much of the week.  He started sleeping a little better this week after he finally got over his constipation.  I'm not sure what happened but for two weeks he only pooped with help from a windi.  I never thought my life would be so consumed with tracking bowel movements or helping kids be regular.  He is very smiley when he is awake and I have noticed that he has started to recognize me when he wakes up.  He usually stops crying and gives a little smile.  His hair still gets me!  I think he has finally figured out how to not pull it and I think he plays with it just as much as I do.

I spent much of the week in daze.  Last week was really hard as far as kids waking up in the middle of the night.  It was just me for most of the week again this week and Owen woke up more than usual in the night.  Let's just say that I was late to work a lot this week.  Luckily, my employers are nice enough not to fire me. I did manage to bake some sourdough bread this last week.  A friend brought me so starter from a relief society meeting that I couldn't go to.  It looked terrible, but tasted good.  I am going to bake some more and experiment tomorrow, because I need some bread for sandwiches.  I am finding that I can't find any bread that is free from both dairy and soy unless it is gluten free, which tends to be really expensive.  Knowing how to bake from scratch has come in really handy and it's nice to know that I won't totally starve!  

Until next week!   

Comments