A Reprieve!

I feel like I should be knocking on wood as I type this, but Owen had a better week sleeping at night.  Well, a couple of days at least.  More on that later.

I can't believe it's already August.  We are a week away from school starting.  The kids are very neutral about it.  I am hoping that we can just slip right into school mode with no issues.  I am sure there will be a transition period, especially since Lila will be doing formal lessons and we have Owen in the mix.  I just need to get some library books to go along with our lessons and we will be ready to go.  

Tim had a very chill week.  He is ready to start work, but they aren't ready for him.  There has been some sort of hiccup and his clinic isn't ready, so they pushed his start date to August 21st.  He spent time working at home and helping with Owen.  We are trying to get him on some sort of schedule.  He's a tough cookie when it comes to sleep and I wish I had some answers.  We have all enjoyed having him home more.  It's strange (in a good way) to have another adult around.  With his new found freedom, he is taking some time to socialize.  There is a group that gets together Saturday mornings to run.  It's more of a social run, but Tim has started going and enjoys chatting with those that come.  He also went to a game night and had a really good time.  I was a little surprised, because he's more of the type to go and chat rather than play games. 

The older three spent time outside, but not too much.  This is probably the least they have played outside.  There has been a heat advisory since we moved here and it's just hot.  We did have some friends come over to play for a couple of hours on Monday, which all the kids loved.  We made it to the library this week for books.  They have a lot of fun looking activities that I would love to do with the kids, but Owen makes things difficult.  Hopefully by the end of the year we can attend more.

The kids helped me do a lot of cooking this week.  I am trying to stock the freezer with breakfast and things for the kids to eat.  Just a personal goal and something to make life a little easier.  We made an oatmeal bake, egg/ham/cheese sandwiches, and I almost finish the burritos.  I have some of the parts ready, but we will assemble next week.  I am still dairy and soy free, so we actually make our own English muffins.  I can't find any brands at the store that are dairy and soy free.  I forget how easy they were and they are super tasty.  I have also ventured into sourdough.  I made my first loaf last week that I wouldn't have been embarrassed to share.  The two I made this week also turned out well.  I think next up will be to learn how to turn it into a loaf.  I've ready you can do it, but I just haven't figured it out.  

On Thursday we had a bit of a stressor.  Four o'clock rolled around and I discovered that I needed to make a dinner for a family in the ward.  I didn't have our dinner ready, so Tim and I split the kitchen.  He made stir fry and I made  soup.  He did a great job and it was super tasty.  I was really grateful we had a bigger kitchen, because I don't know that we would have been able to do what we did in any of our other kitchens.    


It was also this time that Owen decided to sleep better at night.  We have spent the last month waking up every couple of hours with him during the night.  I don't know the cause completely, but he did have two teeth come in this month.  We started have a couple stretches where we were getting three or four hours, which was so nice.  He is making some many developmental changes.  He started rolling more.  We set him down in one spot and when we look again he is in a completely different spot.  He is able to swallow food, so that more is being swallowed than ending up on his hands, face, and chair.  We also did his baby blessing this weekend.  My parents came down for a quick visit and to bless him.  Tim did great and the kids had fun visiting and playing with grandma and grandpa.  Funny story.  I had been telling the kids all week that they were coming, but I don't think Liam made the connection until I asked if he was ready to see Wilson (that their nickname for my dad).  He perked right up and said, "Yeah!"

That's all for this week!

Comments